Fox buying Charlotte's WJZY/WMYT

CircleSeven

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first C.More I saw was from My9 WWOR. That was the first station that did that. Now there's a C.More everywhere.

WUTB will be getting rid of C. More soon now that they're operated by you-know-who.

This just in on TVNT: I've sent a facebook message to the soon-to-be FOX 46, and I asked them "Is WJZY going to have a start-up newscasts in the near future?" This is there response via facebook.

FOX46 Carolinas We will be building our new FOX46 news product over the next year. We are slated to premiere our 10pm news in Winter 2014.

This just in on TVNT: I've sent a facebook message to the soon-to-be FOX 46, and I asked them "Is WJZY going to have a start-up newscasts in the near future?" This is there response via facebook.

FOX46 Carolinas We will be building our new FOX46 news product over the next year. We are slated to premiere our 10pm news in Winter 2014.

I'm happy about this news. I knew they wouldn't have a newscast at launch time. But I didn't expect them that it would take an even longer time to get it started. In any event that's exceedingly good news. Winter 2014 could mean this coming January or February, or the really long haul is next December 2014. I think January would be a better bet. That's close to the February 2014 sweeps period. But of course anything is subject to change without notice. That would give them more than enough time to fix a brand new studio and to recruit new on-air personalities and behind the scenes personnel.

So again, this confirms that WJZY will have a news department. We just have to wait a few months. And I almost forgot about the WBTV-produced 10pm show on My12. The question will be, Will they continue this news agreement past the Fall, until the implementation of its in-house news ops. In the meantime, WCCB 18 will still have a news department before then. So that's a big plus for them.

I'm happy about this news. I knew they wouldn't have a newscast at launch time. But I didn't expect them that it would take an even longer time to get it started. In any event that's exceedingly good news. Winter 2014 could mean this coming January or February, or the really long haul is next December 2014. I think January would be a better day. That's close to the February 2014 sweeps period. But of course anything is subject to change without notice. That would give them more than enough time to fix a brand new studio and to recruit new on-air personalities and behind the scenes personnel.

So again, this confirms that WJZY will have a news department. We just have to wait a few months. And I almost forgot about the WBTV-produced 10pm show on My12. The question will be, Will they continue this news agreement past the Fall, until the implementation of its in-house news ops. In the meantime, WCCB 18 will still have a news department before then. So that's a big plus for them.

I think they were referring to this coming winter (as in, anytime between December 2013 and March 2014).

My guess is that WJZY's newscast will launch on Feburary 2, 2014, right after the Super Bowl. Conveniently, Fox has the rights to the Big Game this season. Talk about starting off with a bang.

As you might have heard, WMYT & WJZY were bought by FOX. Starting July 1st, we'll still have our 10:o'clock show... it'll just be on a FOX-affiliate (with FOX TV shows leading into it) and aired on a different channel. Which means WBTV News at 10:pm is moving. Again. We're going back to WJZY.

There are more things to be explained. Candidly, I don't know all details. I would tell you guys if I did. All I know is Delano, Eric and I love our 10:pm show -- we like keeping it honest, real and fun -- and we're on board with the move for this one newscast. WBTV is still WBTV. Our main shows on WBTV will not be impacted in the slightest. Our (awesome) 10:pm will mostly be what it is now, just airing on WJZY.

Just in.....WBTV's 10pm newscast will be moved on WJZY again. It was confirmed by Molly Grantham via her Facebook page.

Morgan Fogarty is now leaving WCCB. From Facebook:

"The word is out: I'm leaving WCCB at the end of July to pursue a national TV news opportunity (I can't say where or what yet). Words cannot express how grateful I am to everyone in the Charlotte area for your continued support over the 8+ years I've been here. I am especially grateful to the amazing team at WCCB. Over the years, my managers and co-workers have given me incredible opportunities and an incredible foundation, both professionally and personally. I will always be thankful. Here's to the next chapter! (PS Words can't really express the jumble of emotions I'm feeling right now, so this will have to suffice for now)"

WTVT never got the Fox O&O set either.

EDIT: They are using some elements of it but the newsroom background they've been using for some time is still there.

The newsroom isn't a backdrop, it's actually their newsroom. They've been using that "window" since the mid-90's. (Speaking of, their late 90's set I like, for the Fox 13 logo mounted to the front of the desk actually had mini-lights scrolling across the logo.)

The question will be, Will they continue this news agreement past the Fall, until the implementation of its in-house news ops. In the meantime, WCCB 18 will still have a news department before then. So that's a big plus for them.

I also messaged Fox 46, and they said that the WBTV produced news will continue until the new Fox 46 News operations are ready.

"WMYT's 10pm news will move to WJZY starting July 1 and will run until FOX46's News is up and running. As for the new FOX46 News operations, that is all in the works. So please stay tuned!!!!"

Morgan Fogarty just announced on twitter that she is leaving in July for a network job that she will tell in the near future. I think this is the writing on the wall because some staffer are fearful of what is going to happen to the news operation. All I got to say they should be and if I were them I would start looking for jobs elsewhere too because it is no way they are gong to keep the staff they have now. They are going to downsize point blank and they all know. It is just who are they going to cut and who stays.

Morgan Fogarty just announced on twitter that she is leaving in July for a network job that she will tell in the near future. I think this is the writing on the wall because some staffer are fearful of what is going to happen to the news operation. All I got to say they should be and if I were them I would start looking for jobs elsewhere too because it is no way they are gong to keep the staff they have now. They are going to downsize point blank and they all know. It is just who are they going to cut and who stays.

I'm not surprised either. But definitely with Morgan leaving, I really don't think that their newscasts will last much longer. I can't see Kirk holding up the newscasts, and with them only having two reporters at 10. Also, former anchor at WCCB, Anna Kooiman is now a correspondent at Fox News.

Archived