FOX Fall 2007/January 2008/Spring 2008

Guest zas1977

Guest zas1977

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Look-Hottest-Fall/Fox-Announces-Fall/800015358

FOX PRIMETIME SCHEDULE: FALL 2007

(All Times ET/PT)

MONDAY

8:00-9:00 PM PRISON BREAK

9:00-10:00 PM K-VILLE

TUESDAY

8:00-9:00 PM NEW AMSTERDAM

9:00-10:00 PM HOUSE

WEDNESDAY

8:00-8:30 PM BACK TO YOU

8:30-9:00 PM ’TIL DEATH

9:00-10:00 PM BONES

THURSDAY

8:00-9:00 PM ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A 5th GRADER?

9:00-10:00 PM KITCHEN NIGHTMARES

FRIDAY

8:00-9:00 PM THE SEARCH FOR THE NEXT GREAT AMERICAN

BAND (working title)

9:00-10:00 PM NASHVILLE (working title)

SATURDAY

8:00-8:30 PM COPS

8:30-9:00 PM COPS

9:00-10:00 PM AMERICA’S MOST WANTED: AMERICA FIGHTS

BACK

11:00 PM-MIDNIGHT MADtv

MIDNIGHT-12:30 AM TALK SHOW WITH SPIKE FERESTEN

SUNDAY

7:00-8:00 PM THE OT (NFL post-game)

8:00-8:30 PM THE SIMPSONS

8:30-9:00 PM KING OF THE HILL

9:00-9:30 PM FAMILY GUY

9:30-10:00 PM AMERICAN DAD

FOX PRIMETIME SCHEDULE: BEGINNING JANUARY 2008

(All Times ET/PT)

MONDAY

8:00-9:00 PM K-VILLE (January)/PRISON BREAK (Spring)

9:00-10:00 PM 24

TUESDAY

8:00-9:00 PM AMERICAN IDOL

9:00-10:00 PM HOUSE

WEDNESDAY (January)

8:30-9:00 PM ’TIL DEATH

9:00-10:00 PM AMERICAN IDOL

WEDNESDAY (Spring)

8:30-9:00 PM THE RETURN OF JEZEBEL JAMES (working title)

9:00-9:30 PM AMERICAN IDOL Results Show

9:30-10:00 PM ’TIL DEATH

THURSDAY

8:00-9:00 PM ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A 5th GRADER?

9:00-10:00 PM CANTERBURY’S LAW

FRIDAY (Spring)

8:00-9:00 PM BONES

9:00-10:00 PM NEW AMSTERDAM

SATURDAY

8:00-8:30 PM COPS

8:30-9:00 PM COPS

9:00-10:00 PM AMERICA’S MOST WANTED: AMERICA FIGHTS

BACK

11:00 PM-MIDNIGHT MADtv

MIDNIGHT-12:30 AM TALKSHOW WITH SPIKE FERESTEN

SUNDAY (Spring)

7:00-7:30 PM KING OF THE HILL

7:30-8:00 PM AMERICAN DAD

8:00-8:30 PM THE SIMPSONS

8:30-9:00 PM FAMILY GUY

9:00-10:00 PM THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES

Guest zas1977

FOX debuts "Anchorwoman".

Excerpt from Press Release:

The new unscripted series scheduled to premiere this summer is:

ANCHORWOMAN (Date and Time TBA): PHIL HURLEY is the owner of a tiny Texas news station, KYTX Channel 19, and he is desperate to turn the tide of his mediocre ratings, or even just compete with a rival channel. Phil has shocked the station and town of Tyler, Texas, by bringing in a gorgeous model and ex-WWE diva with no previous news experience to be his next ANCHORWOMAN – all in hopes of reinventing the look of Channel 19 and overhauling its below-average 6 share to a number more like his competitor’s dominating 36. Former Miss New York and über-vixen LAUREN JONES packs up her Versace dresses and heads to the middle of nowhere to start a new career. Can this bombshell cut it as a serious reporter? Will she save KYTX, or make it the laughingstock of the Lone Star State? Lauren wants to show everyone she’s no airhead, and this is her big chance to prove she’s more than just a pretty face. The entire newsroom thinks the boss has made a giant mistake. Reigning anchor ANNALISA PETRAGLIA is not about to lose her Queen Bee status to some L.A. hottie. News Director DAN DELGADO is fit to be tied as his beloved journalistic standards go out the window. MICHELLE REESE, a hard-nosed reporter bound for CNN, will take no prisoners. Lauren will struggle not only with the news team and an unfamiliar town, but also with the not-so-Hollywood news stories – covering bake sales, cowpie-tossing contests and county fairs like they were Watergate. News anchor or dead weight? Only the ratings will tell, so stay tuned for the next ANCHORWOMAN: Lauren Jones.

Guest zas1977

Yes, "Anchorwoman" is an "unscripted program". "Unscripted program" is relative to "reality program".

Fox also has Kelsey Grammer's new sitcom "Back to You" formerly entitled "Action News."

BACK TO YOU (Tuesdays, 8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT): In the ‘90s, the local TV news scene in Pittsburgh was dominated by one team: Chuck Darling (Kelsey Grammer, Frasier, Cheers) and Kelly Carr (Patricia Heaton, Everybody Loves Raymond). They had that elusive quality all news teams need: chemistry ... at least on-screen. Off-screen, Chuck was a bit of a self-centered womanizer, Kelly a bit of an uptight know-it-all. So when Chuck got the call to move up to a larger market, no tears were shed. But after an embarrassing on-air tirade ended up on the Internet, Chuck found himself on the downswing career-wise. He even questioned whether his lifestyle of chasing women and living in hotels was as exciting as it used to be. So when he got the call to return to Pittsburgh, to reunite with Kelly and try to take the newscast back to No. 1, it was an offer he couldn’t refuse. Back in Pittsburgh, Chuck has a new coworker in Ryan Church (Josh Gad, Mary and Joe), the overstressed news director. There are also familiar faces like Marsh McGinley (Fred Willard, Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, Best in Show), the affable, endlessly inappropriate sports anchor, and Gary Crezyzewski, pronounced Kre-shoov-ski (Ty Burrell, In Good Company, Out of Practice), the perennially put-upon field reporter who always seems to get left out in the snow. But, mostly, there’s Kelly, now a single mom to 10-year-old Gracie (Laura Marano, Without a Trace). There was magic between them once. Can they find it again?

Yes, "Anchorwoman" is an "unscripted program". "Unscripted program" is relative to "reality program".

Fox also has Kelsey Grammer's new sitcom "Back to You" formerly entitled "Action News."

BACK TO YOU (Tuesdays, 8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT): In the ‘90s, the local TV news scene in Pittsburgh was dominated by one team: Chuck Darling (Kelsey Grammer, Frasier, Cheers) and Kelly Carr (Patricia Heaton, Everybody Loves Raymond). They had that elusive quality all news teams need: chemistry ... at least on-screen. Off-screen, Chuck was a bit of a self-centered womanizer, Kelly a bit of an uptight know-it-all. So when Chuck got the call to move up to a larger market, no tears were shed. But after an embarrassing on-air tirade ended up on the Internet, Chuck found himself on the downswing career-wise. He even questioned whether his lifestyle of chasing women and living in hotels was as exciting as it used to be. So when he got the call to return to Pittsburgh, to reunite with Kelly and try to take the newscast back to No. 1, it was an offer he couldn’t refuse. Back in Pittsburgh, Chuck has a new coworker in Ryan Church (Josh Gad, Mary and Joe), the overstressed news director. There are also familiar faces like Marsh McGinley (Fred Willard, Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, Best in Show), the affable, endlessly inappropriate sports anchor, and Gary Crezyzewski, pronounced Kre-shoov-ski (Ty Burrell, In Good Company, Out of Practice), the perennially put-upon field reporter who always seems to get left out in the snow. But, mostly, there’s Kelly, now a single mom to 10-year-old Gracie (Laura Marano, Without a Trace). There was magic between them once. Can they find it again?

Meaning it's little different than "Law and Order" and its various offshoots.

While I am happy to see 2 (yes, two) new TV programs with a TV news theme, I have to repeat something that my TV news practicum instructor said when the UPN show Pepper Dennis came out: that the only successful TV show with a TV news theme is The Mary Tyler Moore Show, and it will most likely remain that way.

I will be watching, though; no doubt about it ;D

Count me among those psyched for Back to You and Anchorwoman as well...those shows are going to be interesting 8)

As far as programs revolving around the TV news business, I'd say Mary Tyler Moore is not the only successful one, rather the most successful; Murphy Brown, about a decade removed from MTM, would place second.

By the way, Pepper Dennis was actually on the WB, the other half of the eventual CW.

I agree with MTM and Murphy Brown, and I think a lot of it was that the main reason was that the newsroom focus was just their career; they didn't make it completely about the news industry.

I think that's what hurt shows like "Sports Night" and "Studio 60". It was all about behind-the-scenes of TV, which is interesting for about ten minutes. Once you explain what there is to do at a station, it's just another job. Give the characters personalities, and show that they have lives outside the station.

Count me among those psyched for Back to You and Anchorwoman as well...those shows are going to be interesting 8)

As far as programs revolving around the TV news business, I'd say Mary Tyler Moore is not the only successful one, rather the most successful; Murphy Brown, about a decade removed from MTM, would place second.

By the way, Pepper Dennis was actually on the WB, the other half of the eventual CW.

Correct; I forget about Murphy Brown.

I agree with MTM and Murphy Brown, and I think a lot of it was that the main reason was that the newsroom focus was just their career; they didn't make it completely about the news industry.

I think that's what hurt shows like "Sports Night" and "Studio 60". It was all about behind-the-scenes of TV, which is interesting for about ten minutes. Once you explain what there is to do at a station, it's just another job. Give the characters personalities, and show that they have lives outside the station.

I disagree. What hurt Sports Night was that people thought it was all about sports based on the title, so it never attracted a large audience outside of those who would watch a "SportsCenter" type show... even though the show had nothing really to do with sports, and was (as you point out) about the people doing the show.

Similarly, what hurt Studio 60 was that people tuned in expecting a straight up comedy, perhaps even being able to see full "Studio 60" sketches, but on the other hand, what they got was more or less a "West Wing" set in Hollywood without the politics... a very cut and dry drama with potential for character development that they didn't have time to deliver.

What would've helped Studio 60, interestingly enough, would've been if it would've been written and produced more like Sports Night - make it a lot lighter, both in terms of content as well as lighting... have a lot "quippier" writing, like Sports Night was. People couldn't wrap their heads around a show about a comedy that was as overly dramatic as it was, so the way to "hook" them would've been to start it very light and then gradually add the more dramatic aspects.

• 1 month later...

Archived