is Vai the guy @11?

PhillyWatch

WCAU tweeted earlier today-

Vai and Sheena are on tonight with Tracy. Is Vai in for good (for now) at 11? I've been catching him at 5 and I'm a fan.

Vai is still the sports director. If he was Renee's co anchor I'm sure they would have given him 2nd billing in that ad. The more surprising thing though is Sheena at 11PM being made official.

There's also a similar graphic they've been running on the site promoting Renee and Tracy as the 4PM team:

300_reneetracy.jpg

What is going on with the weather? I thought you said they switched bc others were out, which really didn't make sense since it wouldn't alleviate anyone's schedule.

Anyone know what the plans are? Are they planning on having one or two additional anchors, male or female?

From observation:

*10 has changed VO guys.

*"Hurricane" looks to be doing the 11am, 4pm (main), 5pm w/ Sheena, and 6pm, while Sheena's doing the 4pm w/ Glenn, 5pm (main), and 11pm. Glenn is being referred to as chief meteorologist pretty often, so i'm guessing they want to make that clear.

*Vai looks like the guy at 5pm. He's doing a great job opposite Tracy. He could be their main guy after some more newscast experience.

*All the newer talent that has joined are all on air now.

*Major emphasis is being placed on team coverage.

That's some of what I've seen.

From observation:

*10 has changed VO guys.

*"Hurricane" looks to be doing the 11am, 4pm (main), 5pm w/ Sheena, and 6pm, while Sheena's doing the 4pm w/ Glenn, 5pm (main), and 11pm. Glenn is being referred to as chief meteorologist pretty often, so i'm guessing they want to make that clear.

*Vai looks like the guy at 5pm. He's doing a great job opposite Tracy. He could be their main guy after some more newscast experience.

Yup. Bill Murray (the voiceover artist not the actor) is voiceover guy. I really am liking his stuff.

[yt]blSaj_3j404[/yt]

I wouldn't be surprised if Vai becomes the lead anchor. Somethings would have to happen before that like the continuing trend of NBC merging their O&Os' sports depts with Comcast SportsNets in markets where they have that duopoly. It's pretty much happened already. They pool content already, have each other's talent on when the stories warrant it (example: CSN had 10's reporters file stories for them during the Sandusky drama)

Also Nefertiti Jacquez is only reporter that hasn't officially debuted yet.

Speaking of team coverage:

[yt]8HHH2ZH3a28[/yt]

From observation:

*10 has changed VO guys.

They've always emphasized Glenn's title... I guess it's a bit more obvious nowadays. And it has been a good 5(? correct me if I'm wrong) that Glenn has had a co-meteorologist with him. Before he had his surgery, it seemed like he was on all the late afternoon & evening newscasts for at least four days a week and have either Dave or Michelle sub in for him at least once during the week.So it's good that they have a team like that throughout the week.

As for Vai, each time I watch him (which is very far and between), he seems to be getting better. He fits in the 5PM newscast so well with Tracy. For now though, I can't see him being the main guy at 6 and 11. However, with their philosophy now that emphasizes on team coverage and reporting, their choice of a new anchor might be one that would be contributing reports regularly. (This is assuming though that they are still in search of an anchor.)

Archived