KTXS Chief Meteorologist featured in 'The Guilt Trip'

Big Country News

The Abilene Reporter News reports that KTXS' chief meteorologist, Mark Rowlett, made an appearance in the new movie 'The Guilt Trip'. In the movie, a mother and son take a cross-country road trip and eventually stop in Abilene. There, the mother stops in a bar where a TV is showing a KTXS weather-cast. The Reporter News also states that the production crew contacted KTXS in the spring and asked for archived footage from a past weather-cast with similar weather to that in the movie. Mark Rowlett told the production company that they don't archive their weather-casts, but would make a fake one for them.

Mark Rowlett told the Reporter News "I say it was two seconds, my daughter says it was four seconds," referring to his on-screen time, but Rowlett can be heard for ten additional seconds as the scene shifts to the son in his hotel room.

On the opening day of 'The Guilt Trip,' Rowlett received an e-mail from a viewer who had seen his appearance. Although, Rowlett didn't go to the movie the first day, but said "My wife and youngest daughter dragged me, I mean, took me to see it" when he had no choice.

Finally, when asked about the movie, Rowlett said "I've seen better."

Archived