WKYT changed their news branding...

tw-804

WKYT, the CBS affiliate in Lexington, Kentucky recently dropped their 27 NewsFirst name after 27 years. The new branding is now WKYT News (the general branding is still WKYT). Along with the rebranding, WKYT debuted a new logo and ditched In The Groove Music's Heart of The City for Gari Media Group's CBS Enforcer.

http://www.wkyt.com/...recentnewscasts

I'm guessing that this thread probably belongs in the graphics section. That being said, WKYT's new look appears to be a hybrid of WBZ's logo (prior to adding the CBS eye and the "4", upon adopting the O&O graphics), 'KYT's previous graphics package and certain aspects (such as the main open and weather graphics) attempt to also resemble the CBS O&O graphics.

I'm guessing that this thread probably belongs in the graphics section.

I was gonna put that in the graphics section at first. I haven't posted anything here on TVNT in a while, but I stop by here from time to time.

Their graphics are all over the place. Different fonts, different colors, some obvious remnants of their old 27 NewsFirst stuff...

That said, it's a really good in-house effort.

it's clearly inspired by the CBS O&O package - as well as some of the updated elements they've been pushing - but the execution really is a lot better. The O&O management should take notice. Though I don't think adopting that active L3 style is feasible.

Guest NewsHound

I have many qualms with this... first off it's an obvious knockoff of the CBS O&O graphics, and they look terrible! Gray TV has their own in-house graphic design unit, and this has to be the crappiest work they've churned out. Definite step down from the previous package.

Major fail... I just hope Gray doesn't plan on extending this to further CBS properties. If WRDW receives these, it will be a terrible day.

I have many qualms with this... first off it's an obvious knockoff of the CBS O&O graphics, and they look terrible! Gray TV has their own in-house graphic design unit, and this has to be the crappiest work they've churned out. Definite step down from the previous package.

Major fail... I just hope Gray doesn't plan on extending this to further CBS properties. If WRDW receives these, it will be a terrible day.

It's surprising because Gray's in-house graphics dept. usually produces some pretty good work for small markets...

Guest NewsHound

I like the look of the CBS Eye, but like the CBS O&O graphics, it should be tilted up, not down, and extruded more. Other than that, the package seems somewhat reminiscent of NBC Look F in terms of shape laying and tease transitions.

Not even close. It screams in-house.

Archived