KCBS

newscopter7

I noticed it looks like there are two monitors in KCBS' newsdesk. They're both turned towards Laura Diaz. It makes me think of a car's dash. Laura's driving and Paul Majors is the passenger.

Anyone know what purpose the monitors serve?

• 3 months later...

0327h17m34ch93501cbs2hdee2.jpg

Does anyone know if KCBS is getting new music and graphics. I assume they are getting a new set since the article below said the anchors are already rehearsing. How old is the current set. Isn't it only 3 years old?

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6427588.html?display=Search+Results&text=kcbs

The news anchors and teams have already begun rehearsals, and everyone's shooting for an April 21 start date for high-definition news at KCBS and sister station KCAL.

The new site is a massive 140,000- square-foot structure, featuring the Jerry Dunphy Newsroom (named for the legendary Los Angeles anchor), and a pair of 5,000-square-foot sound stages for KCBS and KCAL, a CBS-owned independent station.

My guess is that they are getting everything new, set, graphics, the whole enchilada. If KYW is getting all new things why not KCBS/KCAL? they really need to update those fruity looking graphics they have now. I wonder if they are getting Hothaus or are they going to stick with Rudehoney.

Archived