NBC4.TV now KNBC.COM

CalItalian

Probably soon, because I don't remember seeing it. Maybe they changed it because people could not remember their website. People easily remember a .com than a .tv and since WRC in Washington D.C. already has nbc4.com well they had to use knbc.com.

Probably soon, because I don't remember seeing it. Maybe they changed it because people could not remember their website. People easily remember a .com than a .tv and since WRC in Washington D.C. already has nbc4.com well they had to use knbc.com.

or they could have simply gone back to nbc4la.com. but maybe that was too long. Heck It still takes you to their website.

It's already changed. I caught it at the end of the 11 PM news on Sunday night. If you go to nbc4.tv or knbc.com, it now says KNBC.com on the website.

Channel 4 has never been consistent in how they identify themselves in Los Angeles - Channel 4 News, KNBC, NBC4.tv - I wish they'd make their minds up.

It's already changed. I caught it at the end of the 11 PM news on Sunday night. If you go to nbc4.tv or knbc.com, it now says KNBC.com on the website.

Channel 4 has never been consistent in how they identify themselves in Los Angeles - Channel 4 News, KNBC, NBC4.tv - I wish they'd make their minds up.

They once tried to identify themselves as NBC4 news..but they believe Channel 4 News is a more respected name than NBC4.

They once tried to identify themselves as NBC4 news..but they believe Channel 4 News is a more respected name than NBC4.

It's probably easier for the average viewer to remember the simple "Channel 4 News" name over a branded name like "NBC4 News". That's why, in New York, just a few years after branding its newscasts "ABC7 Eyewitness News," WABC went back to the simpler "Channel 7 Eyewitness News" -- because people will easily remember a simple channel number over brand name.

They changed to KNBC.COM last Thursday (5/10).

Paul & Colleen said during the 5pm newscast that it would "be easier for people to remember than nbc4.tv." Also that nbc4.tv would still work for a couple more weeks.

A lot of times even the reporters would screw up there website address (ie nbc4tv.com? as Furnell called it couple of weekends ago). Its funny, last Friday, after the change, during the 6pm newscast, Anna Garcia said, " for more information go to nbc.com, whoops i mean knbc.com.

In New York Newschannel 4's website is just called wnbc.com. So I guess knbc is just following there big sister station lead by keeping it simple.

Archived