Domenica Davis out at WNBC, Villanueva in

anchorman

It's interesting that WNBC heavily advertised their current team of Huff, Cimino, Miranda and Davis throughout the winter and spring an has now decided to drop her. Davis may have the looks, but her on air presentation and interaction with anchors is subpar. Villanueva is a bit better, but sometimes it seems that he is forcing his smiles. It's apparently hard to find a good meteorologists with the whole package for the weekends. I guess Davis would move to WNYW.

• 2 weeks later...

Domenica Davis was on this evening with Gus Rosendale, who subbed for both David and Erika.

If I had to guess, VIllanueva probably had a non-compete clause in his former WPIX contract, and he will remain off-air until it is fulfilled.

Maybe Steve overslept on his first WNBC assignment?

Probably not.. The person doing weather on the morning show never does the noon show.. They always bring in someone else for the noon.. I guess the am people probably leave before the noon show.. Maybe they're going to keep both of them and make a permanent noon team with Steve or Domenica.

Archived