WTMJ Prepping for New Set?

Weeters

It seems something is up at WTMJ. Morning anchor Vince Vitrano tweeted a photo this morning of the view from the anchor desk. Missing from the picture? The set for their morning infotainment program "The Morning Blend".

Before.

After.

Either they've decided to use Studio D for more than a few phone banks every year and moved the show there, or they've moved the set there temporarily and will be moving the news there too so work can be done in Studio A. Since that picture is less than 24 hours old and there's only a few days of Olympics left, I highly doubt they're building Blend a new set in Studio A.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting. I would've thought WITI would be next in line for a new set in Milwaukee after WDJT and WISN got theirs last year...not that I would complain if they did get a new set. I guess we should know on the 13th when "The Morning Blend" returns.

Vince said at the end of Live at Daybreak that the new set should be ready in November.

That he did, but he corrected himself on Facebook saying "(The new set should be ready) I guess in about a month. I thought November. I have since been corrected." (Susan Kim says five weeks)

And as promised, here are some pictures courtesy of anchor Susan Kim.

http://www.facebook....03312136&type=3

EDIT: I have since learned that the new set is being designed and built by Devlin Design Group.

If that picture is any indication, this set will rival WITI's in terms of size. It seems they'll be using a lot more of the studio than they were.

That said, I don't like all the wood. Wood tones just don't "work" with WTMJ's image. This is one of the few instances where I'd want to see a grey, white, and chrome Clickspring set.

That said, I don't like all the wood. Wood tones just don't "work" with WTMJ's image. This is one of the few instances where I'd want to see a grey, white, and chrome Clickspring set.

I agree, but it seems like everyone is really impressed with what Devlin came up with for this set. It'll be interesting to see the final product.

And here's the latest look inside the studio, taken from my phone. (Sorry for the quality) The only major aspects I can make out are the color changing panels (blue lights) and the monitor wall on the right, which may or may not be the main anchor area.

http://www.flickr.co...tream/lightbox/

Supposedly installation is going to be wrapped up Thursday, with the lighting phase starting Friday. Hopefully they'll show us a live view of the finished product sometime tomorrow.

And here's the latest look inside the studio, taken from my phone. (Sorry for the quality) The only major aspects I can make out are the color changing panels (blue lights) and the monitor wall on the right, which may or may not be the main anchor area.

http://www.flickr.co...tream/lightbox/

Supposedly installation is going to be wrapped up Thursday, with the lighting phase starting Friday. Hopefully they'll show us a live view of the finished product sometime tomorrow.

I am unable to view the pic, could you post it on here?

Thanks!

Archived