Scripps News Music Appears to be Gone

MidwestTV

Well it would appear as if Scripps has abandoned it's new music package already, and seems to be allowing at least one station to go back to its own them. This would be WPTV. Here is an actual video of the new open:

http://www.clipsyndicate.com/video/playlist/8349/3672175?title=entertainment_news_at_clipsyndicate

Now the only reason why i say that they've finally ridded themselves of it is for one reason: the NBC chimes. If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't have said (so much at least) that the music is gone, only that Scripps had another news music package produced. Either way though, it seems to be alright sounding...

I don't think that I have heard this package before, so i'm guessing it must be a new pack. But for some reason I want to say it's either Gari or 615 Music. Who knows, nowadays new music (news) are sounding more and more alike. But it is catchy though, the open is not bad, it needs something but its not bad and the orange doesn't look to bad either. Overall the look is very Florida-ish.

I am really not a fan of the blue and orange. Hasn't Scripps finally realized that orange DOESN'T work in a graphic package? Apparently not.

I agree with you totally. Looks to me as if they were somewhat reluctant to get rid of it (maybe because before they purchased the MGH stations, they planned to keep what's soon to be the old package for much longer?).

I don't think that I have heard this package before, so i'm guessing it must be a new pack. But for some reason I want to say it's either Gari or 615 Music. Who knows, nowadays new music (news) are sounding more and more alike. But it is catchy though, the open is not bad, it needs something but its not bad and the orange doesn't look to bad either. Overall the look is very Florida-ish.

But still...it's much nicer...than...well...maybe not. Until I've heard more of it, I really can't say anything about it. While the now apparently "old" theme had some very nice majestic pieces to it, it was just way too damn short. Besides, at first I thought that this was some variation of Tower v4, but apparently it's not...off to their websites (Gari and 615).

A3N, my concern is that while, yes, this package looks florida-ish, you put it up in Denver or in Bakersfield and it looks like crap. So the question to ask: Are the colors in this package customizable?

As I mentioned in the graphics thread, I hope that these graphics are customizable by station/area because that was one of the biggest flaws with the previous Scripps pack. One look does not fit all, clearly. I'm curious to see if they swap out the orange for yellow or some other color. Although the orange would work well at KGTV, seeing as their logo is orange.

As I mentioned in the graphics thread, I hope that these graphics are customizable by station/area because that was one of the biggest flaws with the previous Scripps pack. One look does not fit all, clearly. I'm curious to see if they swap out the orange for yellow or some other color. Although the orange would work well at KGTV, seeing as their logo is orange.

Hell dude/tte, this look would barely even work in Kansas City! Much less Tulsa. Let's face the simple facts here, orange and blue works best in every State south of Georgia.

We also have an entire graphics thread for this you know lol. This one's about the music. :p

I'm sure there is more to come for all the stations. I'm sure this is "customizable", after seeing what NBC Artworks has cranked out I'm thinking Scripps has been taking a few noted to it's look and reception. All I can say is thank god that hideous orange is gone!

Sticking to the music, I'm with whoever said the theme reminds them of Stephen Arnold, as the signature sounds like a brand new version of Pinnacle. Come to think of it, there was a known version of Pinnacle used by Las Vegas 1 that was very similar to what WPTV uses now.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah uummm...weirdd odd spelling, weak package. Not enough driving force behind it and the NBC chimes are BARELY audiable. Almost as if Scripps wanted it that way so that they could roll it out to all of their other stations, yet JUST have the NBC chimes in there faintly enough that anyone watching their ABC affiliates may not or will not be able to notice it.

That, or they just "superimposed" the chimes on there and will simply take them out when their ABC stations finally start to get it.

Yo! MNSA has posted at least a little bit of the Inergy package, although i'll be bitterly disappointed yet once again if it's like the now old Scripps theme and is practically only a minute long. Also, they have it branded as an NBC package, so now I am really wondering if their ABC affiliates will have a different theme all together, or if like I said above, they'll just remove the NBC chimes from it.

Listening to the entire sampler, I actually like it.

At least now, we know the NBC chimes were an added signature and not part of the actual music package. That should ease the concerns of those wondering how this would work with the ABC stations Scripps own.

Listening to the entire sampler, I actually like it.

At least now, we know the NBC chimes were an added signature and not part of the actual music package. That should ease the concerns of those wondering how this would work with the ABC stations Scripps own.

I highly doubt this was ever really a big concern. I mean the chimes right now are so barely audible that I doubt any "normal" person (lol) would really notice. Although I do still find it interesting that Scripps decided to let their NBC affiliates have the nbc chimes back, and now we also know that this is probably going to be a package that other non-Scripps stations pick up along the way.

but yes i agree with you 100%

You know after seeing that now it's kind of interesting to note how much more diversity the stations have in this new package! The text can say whatever it wants to (albeit it's still in the same spot of course) and now after hearing the music with it, each station apparently now has a choice in which cut they want to use.

Which essentially answers your question. KJRH seems to be using a different part of the song or whatever for their opening compared to KSHB and WPTV.

(but KJRH's version of this open frankly sucks in my opinion)

I am not to excited about KMGH switching to this. I'm not necessarily a fan of their current graphics package. I do like the EWN package and really don't want them to get rid of it. If they do overhaul the graphics package, please overhaul the Circle 7 logo. I don't like the Circle 7. Thanks!

Archived