The CBS Evening News with Katie Couric

Les Tremayne

Anyone in here in the know as to how much dung got flung at 6:59pm on Monday night the 20th of November of this year after Katie was expected to fill three minutes (and couldn't) due to a playback malfunction of a feature?

We got to hear a lot of theme music, so that was nice.

Why did Katie just stand there?

She could've at least bolted during the promos that bridged the multiple playings of James Horner's composition.

Ideas? Answers?

Anyone in here in the know as to how much dung got flung at 6:59pm on Monday night the 20th of November of this year after Katie was expected to fill three minutes (and couldn't) due to a playback malfunction of a feature?

We got to hear a lot of theme music, so that was nice.

Why did Katie just stand there?

She could've at least bolted during the promos that bridged the multiple playings of James Horner's composition.

Ideas? Answers?

Well, if she bolted, what would we have seen when they came back from those promos? A wide shot of the desk? Better to see Katie uncomfortable than nothing at all. She didn't leave her crew hanging like as they did her.

Who even watched her.

She gets pathetic ratings and her liberal biased newscast is a joke.

I watch her. I don't see the newscast as biased. At the very least, it's not biased in the mold of FOX News; liberal or conservative aside. I'd be embarrassed to be a part of that operation.

• 2 weeks later...

You should have seen her yesterday. She goes on for Commons Question Time with special guest George W. Bush and her hair is down, and then she does the news last night with her hair in a bun.

Who cares, right? Well, if you're young, I don't care. If you're Katie, it's horrible. Her hair pulled back makes her look like a MAN! That and plus all those gray hairs she's trying to hide really came into focus. Sex symbol, she is NOT.

Who cares, right? Well, if you're young, I don't care. If you're Katie, it's horrible. Her hair pulled back makes her look like a MAN! That and plus all those gray hairs she's trying to hide really came into focus. Sex symbol, she is NOT.

She is there to do the news, not to look sexy. Back when ABC picked Elizabeth Vargas to co-anchor their evening news, I don't think that they thought of her as a sex symbol either.

If you wanted to see some sexy women on CBS, you should have tuned in to the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show last Tuesday. :D

Archived