Linda Church moving to weekends

cbs2idiots

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See is a big part of the Morning Show popularity. Funny, Pretty and Sexy for an older weather girl. Isn't her husband a reporter for Channel 7 Eyewitness news? Jim Dolan.

I hope she cuts her bangs when she moves. That twitch she has drives me nuts. :)

My guess is that new person will have nice breasts and can wear something with much more cleavage showing. It works for the other females there. ;D

Wow, pretty major change. At least we can still see her on the weekends. But Joe leaving is sad, he has pretty good chemistry with Peter and Mary. He's a great meterologist, why not have him swtich places, and let him take the mornings?

I hope the replacement is not just looks, but also is credible. Let's hope the replacement isn't Ibby Caruthers, lol, no offense to her.

Yes Linda Church is married to Jim Dolans. I had the fortune of attending a swanky party in which they both attended. She is actually a stunning woman, but he on the hand basically did not get out of his chair the whole evening...

I hope she continues to wear the tight fitting tops like she does in the morning. It seems her husband is a fuddy duddy. How old do you think she is is she much younger than her husband?

Guest wxman2106

You all are missing the point about Cioffi leaving. Thats another great meteorologist that knows what hes talking about in this city. Who will we turn to for our weather now? Lonnie Quinn?

Linda Church really is one of my favorite meterologists. I think maybe its her personality and connection with viewers that really ties you in. So who will be filling in on the morning news for weather? I think that they should have just left Linda there especially since she's a big part and just find a replacement for the weekend broadcasts. Even though Linda is not leaving the station it feels as if she is because of the switch.

You all are missing the point about Cioffi leaving. Thats another great meteorologist that knows what hes talking about in this city. Who will we turn to for our weather now? Lonnie Quinn?

You can turn to Lee Goldberg and The Weather Team at WABC. ;D

i believe Linda did want the change. Do not think she was forced out. Although Joe is good, they seem to want to attract the male audience, aka the hot females. They will look for a woman weatherperson. Hopefully they stay with a meterologist, and not go with just a pretty face such as the weekend weather person on channel 9 who used to do traffic on channel 2.

It's a big spot to fill. It's rare that a spot is open at such a stable station as WPIX. Other than at WABC and WNBC, landing a job at WPIX means job secruity. I hope the replacement won't be a disaapointment.

Guest wxman2106

what is NYC looking for..a face or actual talent? This is what we all much ask ourselves. Do we want accuracy or eye candy. I think we need to figure ourselves out first. The industries a joke..do i really want to pursue it more?

CBS already got rid of Liz Burke because her looks were not good enough for HD, so I doubt they'd hire Joe Cioffi.

They're that shallow?

I wouldn't mind if Heidi Jones takes the spot. In fact, she might be a great replacement.

I know that he is from originally from Long Island (He was on News 12 Long Island when it launched) but he tapes weekend weather updates for Trenton based WKXW-FM aka New Jersey 101.5 and if he doesn't land a gig in NYC again maybe he could land one in Philly or Hartford because he is a talented and knowledgable meteorologist.

The SMART thing to do is get rid of Mr G :) & give Cioffi that spot. He runs circles around G. who is not a meteorologist. It's about time G retires.

No way. G's cool. You can't get rid of a NY icon like that. WPIX is not WCBS.

Archived