Dave Price Named Morning Anchor at WNYW; Greg Kelly Shifts to Evenings

TexasTVNews

They need fix their mistake and put Greg back on GDNY.

The 10pm newscast is terrible no matter who is anchoring with Greg.

it's like a PM version of GDNY with the banter between the anchors and Greg's terrible ad libs like this one, "Ines has one of those little traffic thingies. Let's take a look."

Ernie must be embarrassed for FOX5 if he ever watches his replacement at 10pm.

It's amazing management is not doing anything to fix this mess.

I agree but you can't really blame the anchors. Greg is just a much better fit for the morning. Dave Price isn't bad but not as good as Greg..They should just switch them and put Dave on at 6 and 10..After watching him covering the Empire State Building shooting Solo last week he definitely has potential as an evening anchor. I just hope none of the on air staff looses their job because of this. Rosanna and Greg were an excellent team it is beyond me why they would mess with it. I dont know what the ratings situation is but if they are low or continue to drop I see Rosanna leaving when her contract is up if this mess isn't fixed..she has Fresco by Scotto where she can work and her husband is a lawyer so she is living the high life.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So...Greg in the morning (proven), Dave at 5 (a little lighter, but still serious), Ernie (also proven) at 6 and 10?

Yeah thats not bad but Dave would probably get the 10. I should also mention when this first happened they said they wanted a "different energy" at 10pm idk if this is what they meant.. But anyway if Diane Doctor has her way I don't think Ernie will be on much longer.

Another goofy thing at FOX5, Heather Nauert is supposed to be on M-F 4:30am-7am.

She started doing the 5am-6am shift at FNC weekdays which means FOX5 needs someone to sub for her.

Tai Hernandez was subbing for Rosanna so Jill Nicolini was subbing for Heather today.

Another goofy thing at FOX5, Heather Nauert is supposed to be on M-F 4:30am-7am.

She started doing the 5am-6am shift at FNC weekdays which means FOX5 needs someone to sub for her.

Tai Hernandez was subbing for Rosanna so Jill Nicolini was subbing for Heather today.

Yeah I really don't that.. Last week when Rosanna was out they brought Heather Childers ( who anchors with Nauert on FNC) and put Tai in the field.. Maybe they were short on reporters? Anyway they should give Tai the 4:30-7 chair and keep Heather Nauert on FOX News. Jill Nicolini isn't the worst anchor she's alot better then Julie Chang who as also anchored for both Heather and Rosanna.

• 4 weeks later...

While the Chemistry btwn Dave and Rosanna is definetly improving.. Same for Greg and Dari I still think Greg belongs in the morning with Rosanna.. Here's my idea.. Put Dari and Ernie at 5... Dave and Tai Hernandez or Chrisitna Park at 6 and then Dave with Dari at 10 since I don't think Ernie will ever be back at 10.

Archived