Dylan Ratigan Leaving MSNBC

TennTV1983

After 3 years at MSNBC (following his recent stint at CNBC), Dylan Ratigan is leaving the network and cable news altogether. His last day is June 22nd.

http://www.huffingto..._n_1585149.html

After three years on the job, MSNBC host Dylan Ratigan is leaving his TV spot.

The New York Times reported on Sunday that Ratigan will depart from his cable news role, with the final edition of "The Dylan Ratigan Show" airing on Friday, June 22.

“Think of it like ending a Broadway play,” Ratigan told the Times, adding that he is looking to put his words from television into action.

The New York Times report adds that current 3 p.m. host Martin Bashir will be taking over the 4 p.m. hour. Bashir's program has been a part of MSNBC's afternoon lineup since its Feb. 28, 2011 premiere.

Ratigan joined MSNBC in June 2009, arriving from his post as host of CNBC's "Fast Money." He started off with the 9 a.m. - 11 a.m. weekday slot.

I will definitely miss him. I love hearing him talk about the economy. I think he has the single most clearest and easiest-to-understand explanation of what is currently wrong, what's been going wrong for years, who's responsible, and how to actually, meaningfully fix it that I've ever heard from anybody - on cable news or off. He is a true problem solver among problem solvers, and I wish him well in the future.

Archived