WCBD - New Graphics Package?

tyrannical bastard

Add WJHL to the list of Media General stations that are using this graphics package. The new graphics package comes with a new logo. I felt that the previous "11 Connects" logo is a lot better than their new logo. Their new logo is not so good.

http://weather.wjhl....eral&w=extended

I like this one the best...

WJHL_1998.png

Has WNCT gone widescreen or HD yet? I understand they went widescreen for a couple days and switched back...

J

I know they're definitely not HD yet. WCTI is the lone station doing news in HD... WITN should be in HD when their new studios in Greenville are done in Spring.

I've heard rumors that WNCT will make the switch sometime next year...

This would leave WRBL as their only station left doing news in SD...unless they are part of the plans next year as well. (not counting WBTW's widescreen, and whatever WJTV/WHLT is doing...)

If WKRG in Mobile were to make the switch to the new blue package, it would look too much like the Giant Octopus package WALA is using...even down to the fonts used.

Unless they decide to use the red look, which looks like it's confined only to their NBC stations (WCMH, WSAV, WAGT & WSLS)...

Archived