Non Stop Music, 615 and Groove Addicts combine to form Warner/Chappell Production Music

trev57

In a press release today, it was officially announced that Warner/Chappell would become the new production music power house, combing many known brands into one company.

“Today we unite award-winning production music houses Non-Stop Music, 615 Music and Groove Addicts to create one world-class company that can meet all of your production music needs. You will still have access to the same great music, service, and online capabilities!”

While all the acquired companies are featured on the new WCPM site, each company also has its own stand alone site. It’s unknown if the non unified sites will be removed at a later date.

Along with production music, the site features a news music section, complete with the packages of 615 Music, Non Stop Music and Shelly Palmer. More information is available on the WCPM website.

http://www.newscaststudio.com/blog/2012/04/04/nsm-615-and-groove-addicts-combine-to-form-warnerchappell-production-music/

It's kind of surprising to me that they didn't do this sooner.

I wish this site had a more comprehensive archive of Non-Stop's work (non-local news), though it probably wouldn't be very flattering to show how prolific they once were. I wonder what the drop in clients is about.

Looks like the headquarters of WCPM is now located in Salt Lake City, which ironically enough is where Non-Stop Music is based in.

So *that's* why there may have been a period in 2006 when KSL, KTVX and KUTV were all using Non-Stop Music packages.

I've noticed an inconsistency between the video and the audio sample for 615's Right Here Right Now V.2 page. The video that plays is actually an example of Seize The Day....Not sure exactly what's up with that.

• 1 year later...

"It's still a very, very healthy business," says Mark Agent, director of licensing for Warner/Chappell Production Music. "Just from the TV standpoint alone, look at how cable has exploded in the last decade. And for us, it is a growing thing." But conditions also shift, sometimes at breakneck pace: "The local TV landscape is changing as we are speak, because the ownership is changing so much. It's a wild ride," Agent says.

While Agent would not disclose Warner/Chappell revenue figures, "Our TV news music has grown from less than 200 stations to 325 in the last eight years," he says. That's a 63% increase, which gives some credence to Agent's claim: "We're the leader in news music."

Source: 'Music Lets Broadcasters Strike Up The Brand' (2013, 20 June). TVNewsCheck. Retrieved January 12, 2014, from Factiva database.

I don't buy that for a second. And if it is, watch what Gannett is going to do with the Belo stations, should they follow through to "Gannett-tize" those Belo stations. And I would be so uber-pissed if the Spirit stations (WFAA & KHOU) get rid of Propulsion v2, and eliminate 30 years of history of the Spirit Of Texas logo which have always been Belo8's sound. And although I am Gari-bias, it wouldn't be a good direction if Gari become the 3rd big music provider (after Arnold and 615) to perform the Spirit Of Texas logo theme (a la This Is Home with The Spirit signature logo). That would like the worst desecration of it since Propulsion v1 seven years ago.

615 will survive, but I still think they will have to deal with a major blow once Gannett strip those 615's off the Belo stations. Arnold on the other end has rebound tremendously, after what happened seven years ago. And even though I'm Gari-bias, I'm worried that some day Arnold could overthrown Gari of being the largest used music provider, if he keep this success going.

I do agree wholeheartedly that these strings of M&As are major factors to the decision-making to the music. Unlike Gannett, Hearst, and Scripps who would love to have a unified sound for all stations to use, Raycom & Nexstar uses one provider, but lets the station choose which sound they want to use, instead of forcing stations going for just one unified sound.

Since Non-Stop have been producing less news music nowadays, why can't 615 just market the Non-Stop packages and Warner/Chappell can rename the division, "615 News Music" where they can support both Non-Stop & Palmer packs.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that on 615's side that Chicago's Very Own and Newswire aren't there. What happened to them?

With the recent update, Newswire's back.

http://www.warnerchappellpm.com/newswire-news-music-package/

Looks like 615 isn't calling it "Newswire V.2" but I guess we can call it that. The "V.1" themes (the original 1992 stuff for WMAQ, and the several updates for WAVY and WLVI) aren't showcased on the website. It's unknown if they are still being offered.

Click that same link. Warner-Chapell is going under a redesign or something.

Looks like 615 isn't calling it "Newswire V.2" but I guess we can call it that. The "V.1" themes (the original 1992 stuff for WMAQ, and the several updates for WAVY and WLVI) aren't showcased on the website. It's unknown if they are still being offered.

Guest NewsHound

That's a shame if that's the case. The long close cut of the V.1 pack that WAVY used for many many years is still my all-time favorite cut. The ending is perfect, dum dum dum dum, *chimes*

Archived