Japanese TV News

fox2

JORI-DTV KUTV "TV Kochi" (TBS affiliate) Kochi Japan - "Evening Kochi"

Note: Kochi city overview @ 0:45, various news presenation @ 1:56, weather @ 2:35 (includes clothes-drying forecast). I must say from when I was in Kochi, this intriguing and seemingly mismatched anchor duo have been a fixture for a few years!

NHK is the national public broadcaster. I mostly watch NHK in Japan because it is slightly more sedate and less madcap and wacky than other channels, and that is saying something. You do notice - for example, through "worthy" story choices or occasional "non-commercial-looking" presenters - that it is a public broadcaster, but they are still very mainstream and popular.

National NHK newscasts are extremely rare to find online. These clips (1 2) give you a brief flavour of their 5-7:45AM morning program "Ohayo Nippon" ("Good Morning Japan"). Their early evening flagship is "News7", broadcast at 7:00PM - this

is different, showing a kind of anchor handover.

JOBK-DTV NHK Osaka - "News Terrace Kansai", NHK's local 6:10PM newscast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl6lzo3geME

and you can see their over-the-shoulder here.

Archived