Atlanta news stations new sets?

jeggleston

Guest NewsHound

It doesn't necessarily work that way. It was sheer coincidence WABC, WCBS, WNBC, and WPIX (WNYW didn't get a new set) all got new sets at once. Actually, WSB just got a new updated set about a year ago around the time the new graphics premiered. Same at WGCL, their set got upgraded for CBS Atlanta. WXIA had the newsroom attached to a set that looks just like the last one they had when they moved to a new building a couple years ago. I don't know for sure but I think WAGA's set is the FOX O&O set so don't ever think that will be updated anytime soon. The simple fact is that the Atlanta stations already did upgrades, and barring any unforeseen circumstances (I.e. CBS Atlanta goes back to CBS 46) then don't expect any new sets for awhile.

I just saw a promo on 11 Alive which is currently owned by Gannett. But i just saw a promo using the NBC O&O Graphics. Could 11 Alive be going NBC O&O?

Which one? There are at least three Artworks packages out there being used for syndication.

If by "the block one" you mean the "multicolored bars that NBC uses in its promos", then that's the promo package that all stations were sent to use.

And Artworks doesn't have three packages in circulation, I'd number it at five or six...

Archived