Help Identify a Theme

10Viewer

I have always been somewhat curious about the identity of a theme used in the mid 90's on WBNS. It was this weird but catchy synth-techno music they would use all the time on their newscasts. I believe it is part of the "Pinnacle" package by 615 because I do know that WTOG would use it for their breaking news opens. But never heard it on any other stations.

Take a listen and see if you've heard it elsewhere. The theme starts at :30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epWYrFXILiU&list=LL7s-itZdYxaSOCEwN9UUw3g&index=1&feature=plpp_video

Guest NewsHound

It kind of has a Shelly Palmer drum beat to it... not sure. If it is Pinnacle, I'm not surprised, because Stephen Arnold themes didn't always sound alike like they do today. :awesome:

Since this thread is already up, I will put my inquiry here. Does anyone know what the name of the theme KGTV used from 1998-2000 when they had the slogan "People Make the Difference" and you composed it? I find it strange I have not been able to find clips from that short era and it is omitted on sites like Southern Media News Music.

NewsCentral, you're thinking of the wrong Pinnacle. 615's Pinnacle (different composer) was in use from 1992 to 1998 on a bunch of different stations. Here are a couple examples of the package. The NMSA has more, including the :30 primary cut and a political cut used by KTSP for a 1992 senatorial debate.

WBNS used that theme from 1993-1996 and I've never been able to find an actual open, only news updates and bumpers and they all use that same cut.

Like I said, the only other station that used that particular cut is WTOG so I've suspected they used "Pinnacle" by 615.

It also sounds similar to the WBZ 1992 theme, but this one is faster paced.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived