WTMJ changes music

Glimmer

Timed accordingly with the Super Bowl, WTMJ in Milwaukee has updated their open and graphics with a new slogan ("On Your Side", which has become their new "HD" in that they mention it almost every two seconds) and a new musical package (Locals Only) to replace High Velocity, which they've used since 2008. The new graphics have a slightly bluer tint than previous, as do the HD sidebars.

Finally. They've been due for a music change since 2008. I, for one, will not miss the one theme from High Velocity that they used for everything.

They also updated their duratrans this past week (finally). Not only were they out of date and missing a lot of new construction, the nighttime one got damaged a few weeks ago so you could see the lights behind it.

"On Your Side" is such a.... small market slogan. I just don't think it "works" here. And they're overusing it too. "Weather On Your Side"? Seriously? Is this Casper, Wyoming?

The thing that bothers me is that just a few months ago they finally stopped making their reporters say "Today's TMJ4...HD" after every live report (3 years after going HD). Now every reporter has to say "On Your Side".

They've literally slapped "ON YOUR SIDE" onto everything, including the breaking news graphic. "Breaking News Now On Your Side?" What?

I'm more intrigued by the "Storm Team 4 On Your SIde." I didn't realize there were any "sides" in weather.

"Weather may be awful out there, but we're going to be On Your SIde and tell you it's great."

Archived