Sinclair websites getting new look

Viper550

Yes I'm bumping this old topic. Anyways, KABB finally redesigned their site. The design was definitely done in-house at Sinclair. I don't know if any of their other stations have it right now. It looks like a cheap-rip off of the LIN sites and an improvement over their other template (the WBFF one most of the stations seem to be getting). Massive improvement over what they used to have though.

http://www.foxsanantonio.com/

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sidebar is a bit much, and aside from the "pinned" navigation (which has been a general web design trend to begin with), it actually still looks somewhat original. Oh, and its also properly responsive too! That's a plus...

This is actually very nice... by Sinclair standards anyway.

Yes I'm bumping this old topic. Anyways, KABB finally redesigned their site. The design was definitely done in-house at Sinclair. I don't know if any of their other stations have it right now. It looks like a cheap-rip off of the LIN sites and an improvement over their other template (the WBFF one most of the stations seem to be getting). Massive improvement over what they used to have though.

http://www.foxsanantonio.com/

The sidebar is a bit much, and aside from the "pinned" navigation (which has been a general web design trend to begin with), it actually still looks somewhat original. Oh, and its also properly responsive too! That's a plus...

This is actually very nice... by Sinclair standards anyway.

Sad when the junior station in a TV duopoly gets a website that is infinitely more functional than the senior station. That's so S!nclair of them.

Meanwhile, KMTR, which got sold to Fisher, but in turn sold to a Sinclair sidecar under an LMA, decided to go with a BIM site instead of the varying degrees of junk that Sinclair's other sites are using.

http://www.kmtr.com/

They've had that since mid-June, when Fisher still managed them.

I don't know when this happened. But it appears that KMTR has dropped the Inergize Digital webpage, in favor of the Fisher's Broadcast Interactive design. I don't think this will last long, once Sinclair comes into the fold later this year.

The sidecar that owns them (Roberts Media) predates Sinclair ownership as well, that was set up by Fisher. They'll eventually switch over to something from Sinclair.

Sad when the junior station in a TV duopoly gets a website that is infinitely more functional than the senior station. That's so S!nclair of them.

It may seem that WOAI is the senior station and that makes perfect sense. But no, here KABB is the senior station (because Sinclair's owned them far longer) and they seem to get preferential treatment over WOAI when it comes to some matters.

I stopped visiting WOAI's site regularly after they switched to that POS Sinclair CMS. There was nothing wrong with the design previously, just a matter of not wanting to pay another company to provide software for you. I still watch on TV but I just can't use their site, it's difficult to navigate, looks cluttered and it doesn't even function properly as many have stated. They've had this problem ever since WBFF got the site in mid-2012 (they were the first to get it) and thought it was absolute crap and hoped no other station got it unless they ironed the bugs. Not only did the other stations get it, they never fixed the problems. And then the stations that had the nicer KUTV template, some switched to this site. I don't know why they can't just pay Worldnow or BIM to run their sites. They don't have to worry about the technical end of their sites and then they have time to produce more conservative must-run pieces from Kristine Frazao and Sheila Gray (which I don't know why they make all their stations put her bio on their sites because not once have I seen a piece from Gray on KABB or WOAI). Hell they can't even get that right because Kristine Frazao flubbed (or the editor I should say) her piece once:

WJTC just ran a Christine Frazao package where her stand-up was mis-edited....she flubbed her line and did the 3...2...1... before the station cut back to the anchor on camera. :bang:

I wonder if other stations fell for it too! Watch for a story about Obamacare and how few have actually enrolled!

I will say the one plus of these stations getting the Sinclair templates, is that they finally have live stream capability. :D WOAI previously did not stream their news, while WKRC's old streaming player was absolute crap. The Sinclair one works great.

Archived