KNBC new building pushed to late 2013

sfomspphl

http://www.latimes.com/business/realestate/la-fi-nbc-universal-metrostudios-20120105,0,3404494.story?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+latimes%2Fmostviewed+%28L.A.+Times+-+Most+Viewed+Stories%29

No longer pursuing the complex just outside of the Universal lot nor the temp space in Conan's old studio, but will have a 150,000 square foot facility on the lot by end of 2013. Guess that means the 2008 set gets a 5 year plus life.

Well that sucks and explains member "troe" post in the NBC4 Graphic/Promo thread on 12/2/11.

I doubt the Universal move will happen by the new year. I was on the Universal lot two weeks ago and walked by the old Conan studio. It was still fairly empty inside--without much of the build-out completed.

Hopefully the current 2008 FX Set is getting MORE than a "minor refresh" since they are going to be in Burbank lot for an extra year and a half.

Well that sucks and explains member "troe" post in the NBC4 Graphic/Promo thread on 12/2/11.

Hopefully the current 2008 FX Set is getting MORE than a "minor refresh" since they are going to be in Burbank lot for an extra year and a half.

Maybe KNBC can hire the company that refreshed KNSD's set last year and paint it white. I think they are based in Orange County and they did the work in about two days. They did a pretty good job on a 10 year old set, imagine what they could do to one that is less than 4 years old.

Looks like they are doing more than a minor refresh. During Channel 4 News Conference this morning Conan Nolan said that they will be doing News Conference from the newsroom over the next several weeks.

He showed the old studio being dismantled. You can see the desk is gone. (sorry again for the crappy iPhone pictures)

wyqka.jpg

fcE1L.jpg

RANDOM COMMENT ALERT:

I caught the last few seconds of Leno tonight and noticed in the credits...

"Produced At The Burbank Studios. A Worthe Real Estate Group Property"

Is that what the property is known as now..."The Burbank Studios"?

(Or is that what it was under NBC, too?)

RANDOM COMMENT ALERT:

I caught the last few seconds of Leno tonight and noticed in the credits...

"Produced At The Burbank Studios. A Worthe Real Estate Group Property"

Is that what the property is known as now..."The Burbank Studios"?

(Or is that what it was under NBC, too?)

It was "NBC Burbank" as far as I know.

It was "NBC Burbank" as far as I know.

I think it might have been "Burbank Studios" under NBC as well, at least for awhile. I do remember seeing that credit on some Burbank-produced stuff from there.

Meanwhile, here's Universal Pictures' new logo:

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/01/10/universal-new-logo/

There's a little detail that has me bewildered: "A COMCAST COMPANY". Wait, I thought they were pushing "NBCUniversal"?

Archived