Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
Smitha A

News 12 Networks

Not sure when this happened as it's been at least a few days since I was last there but news12.com has a different look this morning.  However, the logo has not changed.

20 minutes ago, Vlad said:

Does the New Jersey location have new graphics?

Yes, the NJ website has a new look.  However the older News12 logo is used, as it is on air.  Only the graphic on Altice One menu's is the new one.  I checked out the Cheddar website but it appears different.  No change to on air graphics or look.

Logo changed on Twitter and Facebook. I don't receive News 12 on TV but I'm not noticing any on-air changes yet while looking at the most recent video on their website. 

IMG_20191118_064935.jpg

Edited by Geoffrey
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kriston Lewis said:

New logo is live on News 12 Brooklyn. Looks more of a refresh rather than a rebrand.

So far only Brooklyn/The Bronx has the new graphics, the weather graphics are still the same for now. The ticker is way too small.

Looks similar to the basic animations used for the WABC graphics package... I wonder if the same company did it for them.

10 hours ago, Geoffrey said:

Logo changed on Twitter and Facebook. I don't receive News 12 on TV but I'm not noticing any on-air changes yet while looking at the most recent video on their website. 

IMG_20191118_064935.jpg

Guess this logo's been designed to go with the Altice logo (as the last one mimicked the old Optimum "ring").

8 minutes ago, Vlad said:

Looks similar to the basic animations used for the WABC graphics package... I wonder if the same company did it for them.

I thought that WABC look (which really sucks) was done in-house (which would explain why).

I'm disappointed that there wasn't a bigger change to the graphics as I was hoping for a totally new look.  Thought they might go for some Euro-inspired package seeing as Altice is from France and The Netherlands and the logo sort of gives me that feel.  Instead, the graphics are largely very similar. Sure, they use more white and lighter blues.  The lower-thirds with a person's name and title are super bland. The info bar is similar, but no longer shrinks its height for one-line items (I hated when it did this). Weather graphics appear untouched (I'm expecting them to switch to the lighter colors). New slogan is "Local Matters."

To RGSJenkins, I agree that the ticker looks too small, but I believe it's only used for weather alerts.  With the look that's being phased out, I think it slightly covered the info bar.

Outgoing look for reference:

1534641922_Screenshot(14458).thumb.png.e78debec62871d8556e1078e75300dcf.png

A few screenshots:

1797037117_Screenshot(14545).thumb.png.11c2b2c33f7dc72c4b72039c74b18115.png821493433_Screenshot(14546).thumb.png.d157392e456f94c0b0004c44995786d5.png1223373453_Screenshot(14551).thumb.png.d89ff169038d5f6287f9fdbb4b6bf0c3.pngScreenshot_(14555).thumb.png.19d15d5f43513622df8a5d4f774279a5.png1390887108_Screenshot(14577).thumb.png.e5d328c9055bc712266b9c05b69d058b.pngScreenshot_(14598).thumb.png.faa122840073b539e13b3b1b3c4afe47.png1909125074_Screenshot(14623).thumb.png.eac9a423bfbacf834289e0ed9ab6f21b.png

• Like 1

Last week Tuesday, News 12 Bronx/Brooklyn debuted the weather graphics. It's similar to WPIX's weather graphics and the other N12's don't have them yet.

However sad news for the News 12 Bronx/Brooklyn family, former lead anchor Kevin McCabe passed away today. He was with Cablevision for over 30 years and with N12BX from day one from '98 to '17.

http://bronx.news12.com/story/41408638/former-news-12-anchor-kevin-mccabe-passes-away

• Like 1

Didn’t see this posted anywhere here yet:

Longtime News 12 reporter Erin Colton to take over morning anchor chair following retirement of Carol Silva

Definitely the most logical choice. She is fantastic in the field, one of the top AM reporters in the market. I think it’s a great choice, but it also speaks to the lack of a bench News 12 LI has within its anchor ranks. There was no one internally who is well known to LI viewers that they could have plucked and put in that seat, short of sliding over Elisa from traffic and features. 

The amount of talent that they have had walk out the door in the recent past is stunning. Drew Scott, Lea Tyrell, Colleen McVey, Bill Korbel and now Carol Silva. Bill and Carol’s retirements seem genuine, the others not so much (as we know from the lawsuit.)

I know I saw watching on News 12 Westchester/Hudson Valley 4 days ago...

It was legendary New York broadcasting weather forecaster Craig Allen, he was subbing in for Steve Teeling for the evenings.