Jump to content

Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
Smitha A

News 12 Networks

Recommended Posts

On 7/4/2019 at 5:44 PM, NowBergen said:

 

I think they say exclusively on cable as they also have been available on Comcast, Charter and RCN for many years.  FiOS, DirecTV and Dish do not carry News12NJ.

It depends which News 12 you're watching. The Long Island one is only on Optimum because they're the only cable provider in Nassau and Suffolk and frequently used the "only on Optimum, never on FiOS" tagline, the other regions are available on multiple cable providers so they stick to a combo of "As local as local news gets" and "only on cable".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting on August 1st, News 12 Traffic and Weather will become the new News 12+. Here is a promo on the new channel 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

News 12 continues to evolve away from local news into a New York centric version of CNN. The changes in anchors and content reflect this change to gear to CNN type viewers. On Monday, they didn't even lead with the passing of former Nassau County Executive, Tom Gulotta. 8 minutes on the shootings in other states which isn't even local news. The Nightside teaser they put on their Facebook was even worse. They really need to drop the "as local as local news gets" moniker because thats clearly a lie. This is going to come back & bite Altice since alot of Optimum subscribers have kept it because of News 12. I'm only subject to News 12 because it plays in alot of establishments. Not happy with the veteran anchors being replaced by preppy blondes. Obvious the kind of (wall st) demographic they're aiming for now. 

0805191759.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FIOS 1 kinda does a better job of covering Long Island with expanding to New York City better than News 12.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not surprising considering Altice’s major goal is likely to combine all the regions into one News12 network that serves all of the tri-state. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, anchorman said:

Not surprising considering Altice’s major goal is likely to combine all the regions into one News12 network that serves all of the tri-state. 

 

Not sure I agree.   News12 NJ still seems to be very NJ centric, granted they are live maybe 4 hours a day and just repeat in between.  Major national stories should be covered, nothing wrong with that, and the issue of mass shootings and domestic terrorism fits that bill.  Considering the lack of NJ focused stories on the network stations, the elimination of news on Ch. 9 in violation of the licensing agreement years ago and soon the virtual disappearance of the Gannett papers being bought by GateHouse, there is definitely a need for News 12 NJ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NowBergen said:

 

Not sure I agree.   News12 NJ still seems to be very NJ centric, granted they are live maybe 4 hours a day and just repeat in between.  Major national stories should be covered, nothing wrong with that, and the issue of mass shootings and domestic terrorism fits that bill.  Considering the lack of NJ focused stories on the network stations, the elimination of news on Ch. 9 in violation of the licensing agreement years ago and soon the virtual disappearance of the Gannett papers being bought by GateHouse, there is definitely a need for News 12 NJ.

 

 From what I've seen News 12 New Jersey is the last News 12 network that still has a local focus, for now. I speak mainly of my experience with the Long Island network. Perhaps New Jersey has stricter rules requiring local content. I also notice they do not have the "Nightside" program on News 12 New Jersey, which here on Long Island, starts at 7pm and is almost exclusively national news. From what I've seen the Long Island version of News 12 is now gearing to a more urban, upscale demographic (finance professionals/wall st) while New Jersey still has more of neighborhood feel. But don't count on it lasting. Altice will eventually merge all the News 12's into one studio, from what I've heard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Pinevision said:

 

 From what I've seen News 12 New Jersey is the last News 12 network that still has a local focus, for now. I speak mainly of my experience with the Long Island network. Perhaps New Jersey has stricter rules requiring local content. I also notice they do not have the "Nightside" program on News 12 New Jersey, which here on Long Island, starts at 7pm and is almost exclusively national news. From what I've seen the Long Island version of News 12 is now gearing to a more urban, upscale demographic (finance professionals/wall st) while New Jersey still has more of neighborhood feel. But don't count on it lasting. Altice will eventually merge all the News 12's into one studio, from what I've heard. 

 

Will that include News 12 BKN/BX and Hudson Valley all into 1 studio. I'm not 100% with this but News 12 BKN operates out of Sheepshead Bay & Canarsie

Bronx News 12 out of Soundview, News 12 Westchester in Yonkers and News 12 Hudson Valley in West Nyack..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Spintech33 said:

 

Will that include News 12 BKN/BX and Hudson Valley all into 1 studio. I'm not 100% with this but News 12 BKN operates out of Sheepshead Bay & Canarsie

Bronx News 12 out of Soundview, News 12 Westchester in Yonkers and News 12 Hudson Valley in West Nyack..

News 12 Bx/Bk share a studio.. not sure where it is.. the News 12 WC/HV studio and main newsroom used to be in Yonkers but is now broadcast from LI.. the newsroom in Yonkers is still in operation as is the west nyack center 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, RealNews18 said:

News 12 Bx/Bk share a studio.. not sure where it is.. the News 12 WC/HV studio and main newsroom used to be in Yonkers but is now broadcast from LI.. the newsroom in Yonkers is still in operation as is the west nyack center 

My guess is News 12 Bx/BK is in Soundview..

I find it weird that the news rooms are in ops for WC and HV in respective areas.  

However studio is all the way in Woodbury Crossings for News 12 WC/HV. I know News 12 LI is there too.

At one point I remember News 12 BK was out of Sheepshead Bay. I interned there briefly plus they had a Canarsie Bureau that covered the rest of Brooklyn before settling in Soundview.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

News 12 BK/BX studios are in Soundview on Soundview Ave in the Bronx. HV/WC's studios is in LI's studios in Woodbury Crossings (weekend HV/WC's newscasts are done on the LI's main set), and CT's studio is in NJ's studios inat Edison.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Samantha Augeri is leaving FOX5 and returning to News12 Long Island. Her last day is Saturday.. wonder if someone is leaving or what changes they’re making? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RealNews18 said:

Samantha Augeri is leaving FOX5 and returning to News12 Long Island. Her last day is Saturday.. wonder if someone is leaving or what changes they’re making? 

 

Curious as well. Hard to think that either Bill or Rich is leaving. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.