Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
Smitha A

News 12 Networks

Last night on News12 Hudson Valley they used a report from i24 news. Even after the report they directed people to i24.tv for more information. I'm assuming they'll be talking about a merger or the new brand on air in the coming weeks.

• Like 1

Last night on News12 Hudson Valley they used a report from i24 news. Even after the report they directed people to i24.tv for more information. I'm assuming they'll be talking about a merger or the new brand on air in the coming weeks.

Is that any different from WCBS airing a CBS News report, etc? The company press release says they are in the same division. It did not say that News12 is becoming i24 -it is already carried on Optimum and I believe Charter. i24 is an international news channel and hopes to get a much bigger footprint in the US. It makes sense to put both news operations under one division (though i24 is actually run out of Tel Aviv). News12 is a hyper local news outfit and will not change all that much other than carrying some reports, just like the carry Cheddar business news.

Tara Joyce of NBC Connecticut is now the new morning anchor on News12 Westchester/Hudson Valley.. replacing Naveen Daliwhal who went to WABC

Noticing yet more emphasis on National & World news on News 12. A number of others are now tagging News 12 on twitter for their lack of local news coverage. Yes they plug i24 for a minute every hour. Local stories often not lead stories anymore, lots of coverage of Trump & pushing a political agenda. First block of news at the 5pm has been about 5 minutes on National/world, 2 minutes on local, and 1 on weather. Huge mistake, but I see the writing on the wall, News 12 Long Island along with the others will be merged into Altice USA News with very little local news content. Since this is not an "over the air" operation I don't think the FCC or anyone else can force them to cover local news to serve the community interest. All I know is it keeps getting worse. Meanwhile stories that happen such as LIRR delays which actually affect many people on Long Island go unreported. Even last week the NYC stations actually spent more time reporting on the attempted kidnapping in Mineola than News 12. It's stupid, there's so many other stations to watch national & political news like CNN, Fox, MSNBC, etc, people will go to that for that kind of stuff, News 12 should focus on local news. With technology it can't be that hard to do, Fios 1 does a better job with less staff & a lower budget. I just wish Fios 1 would be a full time news channel & have them save the specialty stuff for late nights & weekends. Altice is shooting themselves in the foot.

News 12 Bronx/Brooklyn is getting a new set and they have moved into their newsroom. http://bronx.news12.com/story/39511987/new-look-coming-to-news-12-the-bronx

Old set: (It's a very small studio, there's nothing else in there. Weather is done by one of those monitors behind the desk or in separate area next to the weather office near the newsroom.)

[MEDIA=instagram]BjpKIdGhYqY[/MEDIA]

Newsroom: (Looks better on camera, they should put a "News 12" logo on the wall and they're set as a permanent set):

[MEDIA=instagram]BqaHtiHAyPB[/MEDIA]

• Like 1

Seems like traffic/entertainment reporter Elisa DiStefano is being groomed for an eventual spot at the anchor desk. She’s been filling in at the desk the last week or so, something usually reserved for Erin Colton.

News 12 Hudson Valley updated their main anchor set.. the backdrop is the exact same as Long Islands.. they were using a live image of the Tappan Zee bridge as the image this morning g and it looked awesome. 

11 hours ago, RealNews18 said:

News 12 Hudson Valley updated their main anchor set.. the backdrop is the exact same as Long Islands.. they were using a live image of the Tappan Zee bridge as the image this morning g and it looked awesome. 

938002099_bandicam2018-12-1721-08-13-758.jpg.477b42d09692b11e1118f2913be517da.jpg

It used to be one small monitor similar how WCNC's set used to look like before they added more monitors.

Bronx/Brooklyn's set debuts tomorrow evening. Meteorologist Mike Rizzo has been posting previews on his twitter over the weekend. Looks like they're using a standing desk.

DwGxLFgWwAAC2GJ.jpgDwLyt8WXgAEMdTV.jpgDwQSQ0bX0AEaVoU.jpg

Posted (edited)

Looks very modern, urban, and very characteristic of New York especially with the exposed brick theme. About time they upgraded their set.

Edited by Vlad