News 12 Networks

Smitha A

• 1 month later...

Finally News 12 Hudson Valley/ Westchester is LIVE on the top of every hour during the day (weekdays only) and now the evening news starts at 4:30pm (that only used to happen in Yonkers). Its really a good thing for them instead of showing the same exact thing over again.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Well,well,well...Guess what? Mary McKenzie is back on News 12 Long Island this afternoon. I know her and her family relocated to the DC area a while ago. Meteorologist Bill Korbel basically said that she's been on vacation for 8 months. I guess she couldn't find a job down there, and decided to come back to News 12?

• 2 months later...

Just read this from News12 LI meteorologist Samantha Augeri's facebook account:

Getting comfortable in front of our new blue weather wall. It's on the complete opposite side of the studio! The new set is just about complete.

News 12 LI isn't getting a whole new set, is it? Their current one isn't that outdated. But the way she worded it almost made me think that they were. And if they really were, they would probably have to move into the newsroom or onto a temporary set anyway, so I doubt it's a new set, probably just new equipment.

News 12 LI isn't getting a whole new set, is it? Their current one isn't that outdated. But the way she worded it almost made me think that they were. And if they really were, they would probably have to move into the newsroom or onto a temporary set anyway, so I doubt it's a new set, probably just new equipment.

Maybe she meant new weather set?

Maybe she meant new weather set?

It's just the weather center that's being replaced, I checked on their channel.

It's just the weather center that's being replaced, I checked on their channel.

Well it can't be the regular weather center, as that looks the same. I think it might just be the blue wall that was updated. I know it was replaced with a green screen (which is what most stations use) for a short time, while they were in the process of renovating the area.

Here's a screenshot taken from tonight's 10pm newscast:

1425570_1486371011631787_2930509672825213008_n.jpg?oh=82326cf4c6a2429affecd46882f4f97c&oe=54C8EDE2&__gda__=1420885972_76d7099d83856694269a37b8b975c413

• 1 year later...
Anyone know why they're broadcasting from the newsroom this weekend and have their weather people outside? Probably a set refresh or something but have they said on air?

Yeah I noticed that too. My guess would be a set refresh. I don't think they've mentioned anything on-air though.

• Like 1

News 12 Hudson Valley is doing 12NightSide too.. Very social media oriented type show.. Basically a run down of the day's top stories with comments from social media.. It's nothing crazy but it's pretty cool that news 12 is actually moving into 2016 lol

News 12 Hudson Valley is doing 12NightSide too.. Very social media oriented type show.. Basically a run down of the day's top stories with comments from social media.. It's nothing crazy but it's pretty cool that news 12 is actually moving into 2016 lol

In other words, breaking away its 24-hour news format for a show to try to target "millennials." In my opinion, it'll be a failure. I don't know why news organizations go the millennial way and offer a social media-type show.

News 12 Nightside sounds like something that I don't want to watch.

• 3 months later...

Okay, Hudson Valley and Winchester to Long Island I do understand because they're all in New York state.

The Conneticut to NJ thing makes no sense as they're moving to a different state. (Sure in the same tri-state, but still).

I often thought Connecticut was a cheaper state for TV production.

You're right, nynl, this is pretty big

Okay, Hudson Valley and Winchester to Long Island I do understand because they're all in New York state.

The Conneticut to NJ thing makes no sense as they're moving to a different state. (Sure in the same tri-state, but still).

I often thought Connecticut was a cheaper state for TV production.

You're right, nynl, this is pretty big

CT to NJ, that's going thru New York to go to Jersey. You might as well consolidate News 12 into one mega channel serving the tri-state instead of six separate channels. In their defense, Brooklyn/The Bronx are in one studio and so is Hudson Valley/Westchester.

• Like 1

CT to NJ, that's going thru New York to go to Jersey. You might as well consolidate News 12 into one mega channel serving the tri-state instead of six separate channels. In their defense, Brooklyn/The Bronx are in one studio and so is Hudson Valley/Westchester.

Totally agree,

The operation is very outdated and based on cable headends. Sure it's great to be hyper-local...but you need to fix a problem that will require some upfront money to fix.

News 12 just needs operational re-structuring big time.

• 1 month later...