News 12 Networks

Smitha A

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2020 at 6:36 PM, RealNews18 said:

News 12 Westchester is building a new set in Yonkers as well. I guess they’ll report from there instead of the newsroom until they go back to 2 anchors on a set... isn’t the Long Island newsroom/studios supposed to be relocating this year? 

They are supposed to be relocating to brand new studios in Bethpage by the end of this year. Not sure how covid has impacted that timeline. 

• 2 weeks later...

Tubi has added a live News 12 stream as part of a new "News on Tubi" section, a new FAST (free ad-supported streaming television) channel offering that will also include NBC News Now, Black News Channel, WeatherNation TV, CBC News (the curated stream already available on Xumo), Bloomberg Television, Cheddar, fubo Sports Network, PeopleTV and content from parent network Fox Corporation (individual Fox Television Stations O&Os, NewsNOW from Fox and Fox Soul).

Not explained is if the News 12 channel is a curated stream featuring content sourced from each of the News 12 Networks (Bronx, Connecticut, Westchester, New Jersey, etc.)--which is probably the case, a la CNN's AVOD streaming channel--or a feed seen by Altice subscribers in the New York metropolitan area. "News from Tubi" is only available on Tubi's Google Play, Roku and Amazon Fire TV apps; curiously, they didn't bother to roll it out to its other apps, most glaringly, its Apple app.

Edited by T.L. Hughes
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/3/2019 at 12:19 PM, Spintech33 said:

I believe the cutoff for Altice/Cablevision in Jersey is in Central part of the state..

Comcast country starts in Trenton and expands throughout most of PA. (Correct me if I'm wrong on this)

Comcast dominates in Philadelphia, Allentown and the Lehigh Valley are dominated by Service Electric, a local provider (who actually invented cable in the 40s) with RCN as an overbuilder.

20 hours ago, Pinevision said:

I can see News12 New York replacing all the local news12s. They barely cover any local news any more. Many stories that are local news arent being reported on News12 that are getting coverage on NYC broadcast stations. 

Where do you live?  I'm in NJ and News 12 NJ still is very NJ centric though more regional/national stories are mixed in.  But its focus remains on NJ which is severely underserved by the O&Os, not to mention Fox being in violation with Channel 9.  I do find News 12+ to be useless in in its current form.  It is NY, especially LI, focused and that is a turn off.  It's probably a single feed across the Altice territory so that is why it carried Cuomo even in NJ.   Gov. Murphy's briefings are on the regular News 12 NJ channel.

4 hours ago, NowBergen said:

Where do you live?  I'm in NJ and News 12 NJ still is very NJ centric though more regional/national stories are mixed in.  But its focus remains on NJ which is severely underserved by the O&Os, not to mention Fox being in violation with Channel 9.  I do find News 12+ to be useless in in its current form.  It is NY, especially LI, focused and that is a turn off.  It's probably a single feed across the Altice territory so that is why it carried Cuomo even in NJ.   Gov. Murphy's briefings are on the regular News 12 NJ channel.

I have noticed that News 12 in New Jersey is more local oriented, but the Long Island version is mostly National News. I live on Long Island. It bothers me because there's a lot of crime and fire stories that are not getting reported at all on News12 Long Island. 

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Spintech33 said:

Just spotted Craig Allen doing weather on News 12..  I'm not sure if he's been there for a while. Good to see someone from the old Pix11 Weekend weather crew.

Which News 12?

Many of us associate Craig Allen with CBS2 and WCBS 880.

• Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The Long Island division has taken a serious turn for the worse these days. One hour newscast at 5pm now cut back to 30 minutes and runs in a loop like on weekends. Barely any local news coverage of crime, focused mainly on the pandemic, economics, and politics. They barely send reporters out and if they do its for COVID stories. They even ran the wrong footage which was taken in Wyandanch for a story about a deadly stabbing in Deer Park. Altice has wrecked this network. Such a shame. 

Footage from an old story in Wyandanch. Deer Park is the town next door.

21 hours ago, Pinevision said:

The Long Island division has taken a serious turn for the worse these days. One hour newscast at 5pm now cut back to 30 minutes and runs in a loop like on weekends. Barely any local news coverage of crime, focused mainly on the pandemic, economics, and politics. They barely send reporters out and if they do its for COVID stories. They even ran the wrong footage which was taken in Wyandanch for a story about a deadly stabbing in Deer Park. Altice has wrecked this network. Such a shame. 

Footage from an old story in Wyandanch. Deer Park is the town next door.

I feel that News 12 is more focused on Brooklyn/Bronx than Long Island.. I'm not too much aware about the Long Island operations. However, from what I've observed is that more coverage Brooklyn coverage usually blends with The Bronx coverage. Is News 12 Brooklyn taped in Soundview these days? I remember way back in the day they had a studio either in Sheepshead Bay or Canarsie.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed many long time News12 LI talent are leaving in droves... could it be massive layoffs?

Sources:

https://twitter.com/cinsinga12/status/1480554184709750784

https://twitter.com/jackielukas/status/1480185913993011207

https://twitter.com/_JamieStuart/status/1479924196838981642

This definitely seems like it was not their choices to leave.

Also found this article, so it seems true:  https://patch.com/new-york/northfork/s/i1o1n/familiar-faces-news-12-bid-adieu-after-altice-staffing-shifts?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_term=business&utm_campaign=autopost&utm_content=northfork

Edited by NYNewsCoverage

On 1/10/2022 at 4:06 PM, NYNewsCoverage said:

There are several articles today that Altice merged all the NY News 12s, is moving away from hyper local and the cuts are a year earlier than the settlement they made with Dolan.   It does not seem they are making a change at News 12 New Jersey (so far).  What I read in NewsBlues indicates more may be leaving.

On 1/11/2022 at 6:23 PM, NowBergen said:

There are several articles today that Altice merged all the NY News 12s, is moving away from hyper local and the cuts are a year earlier than the settlement they made with Dolan.   It does not seem they are making a change at News 12 New Jersey (so far).  What I read in NewsBlues indicates more may be leaving.

I'm sure PinePowerLI will be pleased with this 🤣😂