News 12 Networks

Smitha A

Last night on News12 Hudson Valley they used a report from i24 news. Even after the report they directed people to i24.tv for more information. I'm assuming they'll be talking about a merger or the new brand on air in the coming weeks.

• Like 1

Last night on News12 Hudson Valley they used a report from i24 news. Even after the report they directed people to i24.tv for more information. I'm assuming they'll be talking about a merger or the new brand on air in the coming weeks.

Is that any different from WCBS airing a CBS News report, etc? The company press release says they are in the same division. It did not say that News12 is becoming i24 -it is already carried on Optimum and I believe Charter. i24 is an international news channel and hopes to get a much bigger footprint in the US. It makes sense to put both news operations under one division (though i24 is actually run out of Tel Aviv). News12 is a hyper local news outfit and will not change all that much other than carrying some reports, just like the carry Cheddar business news.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Noticing yet more emphasis on National & World news on News 12. A number of others are now tagging News 12 on twitter for their lack of local news coverage. Yes they plug i24 for a minute every hour. Local stories often not lead stories anymore, lots of coverage of Trump & pushing a political agenda. First block of news at the 5pm has been about 5 minutes on National/world, 2 minutes on local, and 1 on weather. Huge mistake, but I see the writing on the wall, News 12 Long Island along with the others will be merged into Altice USA News with very little local news content. Since this is not an "over the air" operation I don't think the FCC or anyone else can force them to cover local news to serve the community interest. All I know is it keeps getting worse. Meanwhile stories that happen such as LIRR delays which actually affect many people on Long Island go unreported. Even last week the NYC stations actually spent more time reporting on the attempted kidnapping in Mineola than News 12. It's stupid, there's so many other stations to watch national & political news like CNN, Fox, MSNBC, etc, people will go to that for that kind of stuff, News 12 should focus on local news. With technology it can't be that hard to do, Fios 1 does a better job with less staff & a lower budget. I just wish Fios 1 would be a full time news channel & have them save the specialty stuff for late nights & weekends. Altice is shooting themselves in the foot.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

News 12 Bronx/Brooklyn is getting a new set and they have moved into their newsroom. http://bronx.news12.com/story/39511987/new-look-coming-to-news-12-the-bronx

Old set: (It's a very small studio, there's nothing else in there. Weather is done by one of those monitors behind the desk or in separate area next to the weather office near the newsroom.)

[MEDIA=instagram]BjpKIdGhYqY[/MEDIA]

Newsroom: (Looks better on camera, they should put a "News 12" logo on the wall and they're set as a permanent set):

[MEDIA=instagram]BqaHtiHAyPB[/MEDIA]

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, RealNews18 said:

News 12 Hudson Valley updated their main anchor set.. the backdrop is the exact same as Long Islands.. they were using a live image of the Tappan Zee bridge as the image this morning g and it looked awesome. 

938002099_bandicam2018-12-1721-08-13-758.jpg.477b42d09692b11e1118f2913be517da.jpg

It used to be one small monitor similar how WCNC's set used to look like before they added more monitors.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

News 12 and WXTV have teamed up to provide a five minute spanish language news and weather updates twice a day on the weekdays for the News 12's digital platforms called "Noticias Nueva York por News 12" (News New York by News 12).

https://www.rbr.com/noticias-12-nueva-york-uni-alt/

http://bronx.news12.com/story/40474760/univision-new-york-news-12-partner-to-bring-spanishlanguage-news-updates-to-viewers-throughout-the-tristate-area

The topicals are seen on News12's twitter are in english.

https://twitter.com/News12BX/status/1128834953406550017

On 5/18/2019 at 7:24 AM, Mrtraveler01 said:

I'm surprised they haven't done anything like that sooner. Especially since NY1 has had a Spanish language channel for quite some time now.

News 12 previously did have a Spanish-language newscast for its News 12 Interactive service. It was done for their Bronx and New Jersey stations. The experiment ended in 2013/14. Here is a 2012 News 12 The Bronx en Español segment 

• 2 weeks later...

So, Carol, I know that the entire News 12 Long Island family will never be the same without you Carol, after more than 30 years, as one of the original on-air team members there, you're going to retire at the end of December of this year.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/18/2018 at 12:47 AM, RGSJenkins said:

938002099_bandicam2018-12-1721-08-13-758.jpg.477b42d09692b11e1118f2913be517da.jpg

It used to be one small monitor similar how WCNC's set used to look like before they added more monitors.

If the set currently for News 12 Westchester/Hudson Valley located in Yonkers or on Long Island?

15 hours ago, mooneyhill1 said:

If the set currently for News 12 Westchester/Hudson Valley located in Yonkers or on Long Island?

News 12 Long Island = Woodbury Crossings

News 12 Westchester/Hudson Valley = Yonkers

News 12 Bronx/Brooklyn = Soundview

News 12 Connecticut = Stamford* (Don't quote on this one).

4 hours ago, civic110 said:

News 12 New Jersey's morning show is now available on WACP-Channel 4 throughout south Jersey and the Philadelphia region.

Interesting that Comcast will not add News 12 through south Jersey.

News 12 is exclusive to Altice subscribers.  I don’t know if Altice operates in South Jersey - if they do they I don’t see them giving it to Comcast.

1 hour ago, rkolsen said:

News 12 is exclusive to Altice subscribers.  I don’t know if Altice operates in South Jersey - if they do they I don’t see them giving it to Comcast.

I believe the cutoff for Altice/Cablevision in Jersey is in Central part of the state..

Comcast country starts in Trenton and expands throughout most of PA. (Correct me if I'm wrong on this)

Altice has systems down the shore as well.  Several years ago, Comcast made a deal with then Cablevision to carry News12NJ on their northern systems in Essex and Middlesex counties.  In return, CN6 was available on Optimum until Comcast shuttered the channel.  Charter (formerly TWC) systems in NJ also carry News12NJ.  Altice also now carries Spectrum News NY1 (which is basically useless with its narrow focus on NYC).

Edited by NowBergen
  • Like 1

News12 NJ is available on most, if not all Comcast systems in the northern part of the state (Ocean, Monmouth and north), which is why I think it's odd they do not want to add it to southern NJ systems; Burlington County on south. 

I think News12 NJ is carried on Mercer County systems of Comcast, but that's always a fuzzy area: NY vs. Philadelphia.

I think News12 NJ is really trying to position themselves very uniquely and this is the first step. The northern part of NJ sees NY news, while the southern part of NJ sees Philadelphia news, but neither really sees what is happening in NJ as a bigger picture.

Yes, I'm really not sure how News12 can say exclusively on Optimum, just as NY1 says exclusively on Spectrum; neither of which is true anymore.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, civic110 said:

es, I'm really not sure how News12 can say exclusively on Optimum, just as NY1 says exclusively on Spectrum; neither of which is true anymore.

I think they say exclusively on cable as they also have been available on Comcast, Charter and RCN for many years.  FiOS, DirecTV and Dish do not carry News12NJ.