Is this normal for NBC 5? (Five day forecast)

Spring Rubber

I was watching NBC 5's 5PM news today because the Winter Classic ran long, and at the end of the weather segment, the fill-in weather lady (not sure what her name is) ended the weather segment while still doing the maps, and she said that we'll have to tune in to the 6PM newscast to see the five-day forecast. Is this normal, or was there some sort of technical difficulty? If they actually do this every night at 5PM, that would be a pretty horrible attempt at getting ratings for the 6PM news, so I hope its not the case.

If it was a technical issue, she should have at least said so, because the impression I got was that they were making a lame attempt to get me to tune into their 6PM news. If I was a regular viewer, and I heard that, I would grab that remote and flip over to WBBM, WLS, or WGN to get my 7-Day. (or just look on the internet :p )

I was watching NBC 5's 5PM news today because the Winter Classic ran long, and at the end of the weather segment, the fill-in weather lady (not sure what her name is) ended the weather segment while still doing the maps, and she said that we'll have to tune in to the 6PM newscast to see the five-day forecast. Is this normal, or was there some sort of technical difficulty? If they actually do this every night at 5PM, that would be a pretty horrible attempt at getting ratings for the 6PM news, so I hope its not the case.

If it was a technical issue, she should have at least said so, because the impression I got was that they were making a lame attempt to get me to tune into their 6PM news. If I was a regular viewer, and I heard that, I would grab that remote and flip over to WBBM, WLS, or WGN to get my 7-Day. (or just look on the internet :p )

They probably just ran out of time. WCAU rushed the closing of their Winter Classic post game show so they could show Nightly. That's probably what it was.

There's really nothing unusual about this. Everyone else in this thread is correct, evening newscasts on NBC affiliates were abbreviated (mine was as well). The meteorologist was probably running long and the producer was trying to hurry them up, so they just didn't have time.

Archived