NY1 and FiOS1

Smitha A

Yeah, it’s on Charter within upstate New York and Connecticut.

Here’s a clip of the NYC Easter Parade (from NY1) in 2000.

This is from Jeff Simmons who use to work at NY1 from 1996 to 2003 he also anchored New York Tonight which prior to 9/11 was the 8''O Clock Edition anchored by Lewis Dodley.I was too young to remember the original NY1 graphics and music by Mike Whalen from 1992.After 1997 they started using the Peter Fish theme which they used until 2013 the graphics changed in 2002 when they moved to Chelsea Market Studios

• Like 5

This is from Jeff Simmons who use to work at NY1 from 1996 to 2003 he also anchored New York Tonight which prior to 9/11 was the 8''O Clock Edition anchored by Lewis Dodley.I was too young to remember the original NY1 graphics and music by Mike Whalen from 1992.After 1997 they started using the Peter Fish theme which they used until 2013 the graphics changed in 2002 when they moved to Chelsea Market Studios

The 1997 Peter Fish theme and the 2002 graphics is what I probably remember most when my family had Time Warner Cable before late October 2010. I was fascinated with how calm the music, especially when it told the local weather before going on commercial break.

• Like 1

Yeah my father has VHS tapes from NY1 early days one newscast from 1996 and another one from 2000.Yes NY1 graphics were so much better prior to the trash graphics they have now.Rebranding was alright in 2013 but at least they should have kept the 1997 theme

Yeah my father has VHS tapes from NY1 early days one newscast from 1996 and another one from 2000.Yes NY1 graphics were so much better prior to the trash graphics they have now.Rebranding was alright in 2013 but at least they should have kept the 1997 theme

To me, they should’ve modified the 2002 graphics and made it better for the 2013 rebrand. I personally loved the 2002 graphics because the frames looked like you were in Grand Central.

Oh woooooow I remember ALL of those ads from 1993. NY1 was so revolutionary at that time being brand new and it was fun seeing it grow. This is the NY1 that I miss.

• Like 1

Oh woooooow I remember ALL of those ads from 1993. NY1 was so revolutionary at that time being brand new and it was fun seeing it grow. This is the NY1 that I miss.

Man, you’re lucky. A lot of people who subscribed to Time Warner Cable started to watch NY1 in the mid-late 90s, including my parents.

• Like 1

To me, they should’ve modified the 2002 graphics and made it better for the 2013 rebrand. I personally loved the 2002 graphics because the frames looked like you were in Grand Central.

Yes I agree a modifications of the 2002 Graphics should have been done.My dad had Cable in Queens since the late 1980s before NY1 launched in 1992.

Its the same scarappy quirky channel in 2017 with the same format,Weather on the Ones much of the On Air Staff have stayed since launch but its kind a grown up to 16 same format channels in other States

Yes I agree a modifications of the 2002 Graphics should have been done.My dad had Cable in Queens since the late 1980s before NY1 launched in 1992.

I’m not sure how long my parents had Time Warner Cable, but my father (who paid for their cable services) probably had it from the late 90s up to 2010.

I’m not sure how long my parents had Time Warner Cable, but my father (who paid for their cable services) probably had it from the late 90s up to 2010.

Today is Debate Night on NY1 anyone watching the Mayoral Debate

Oh. Well that would save me time the next time I go to her house. My grandma mostly watches sports and cable news anyway.

Well at least they have NECN I always wondered if NY1 was bought by Comcast back in 2014 and was merged with WNBC just like NECN was with WBTS

Well at least they have NECN I always wondered if NY1 was bought by Comcast back in 2014 and was merged with WNBC just like NECN was with WBTS

I don’t think NY1 should be merged with WNBC. NY1 should only be meant as a news channel. Although I wish they had coverage for all cable companies and not just Time Warner Cable and Optimum.

• Like 4