WNYW - FOX5 News

Smitha A

23 minutes ago, stevieboy247 said:

Fox NFL pregame host Curt Menefee has been named co-host of Good Day New York, effective January 16.

He did sports there way back when, so this is a full-circle moment for him:

edit: According to Rosanna, Bianca's being moved to Noon and 6PM:

Edited by MD TV
Bianca's future
  • Like 2

So Curt Menefee and Michael Strahan are Sunday colleagues, but will be competitors (in New York, anyway) during the week.

Interesting seeing more of this Sunday NFL/weekday morning crossover. Can't forget Nate Burleson on CBS either.

• Like 1

this is such an interesting choice for cohost in the morning. I like him on NFL sunday 

Bianca Peters, who has been co-host of "Good Day New York" since the summer of 2021, will transition to co-host of FOX 5’s "The Noon" with Chris Welch and "The FOX 5 News at 6 p.m." with Natasha Verma.  

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/curt-menefee-good-day-new-york

Edited by 24994J
Emphasis on Peters' co-anchor assignments.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RealNews18 said:

Interesting. I wonder if Chris Welch will be joining Bianca on the 6:00 as well

4 minutes ago, TheNewsTV said:

Will they expand The Noon and 6pm to a full hour? 

It makes me sad that they never think about promoting Teresa Priolo.

Exactly what I was coming to say. Teresa has been screwed over more than once there. And I don't see Bianca as an evening anchor type. Very odd. 

That said. I learned about this change from Teresa's IG story feed.

Edited by MisterBill
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, stevieboy247 said:

Fox NFL pregame host Curt Menefee has been named co-host of Good Day New York, effective January 16.

https://nypost.com/2024/01/07/sports/fox-nfls-curt-menefee-joining-good-day-new-york-as-co-host/

Not surprised that they're making changes. While Rosanna and Bianca/Lori got the job done, the pairing wasn't pulling enough to make me tune in like the Greg years. The show has yet to recover.

Being that Greg was just going to leave in a few years after returning to GDNY, Dave Price might as well have stayed put.

9 hours ago, MorningNews said:

Very interesting choice for co-anchor. I’m pretty sure NFL Sunday films in LA so he’ll be doing the trek back to NYC weekly.

I wonder what made them select Curt? Really interested to see how this goes and I'm glad Fox gave an older anchor a chance. WNYW must be paying him the big bucks! It seems like a lot to fly bi-coastal every week but people do it.

Made the mistake of reading the comment section on the New York Post article, yikes at the racism😬.

Sports anchor added to a morning show seems to be a trend in NYC with Strahan and Burleson. Joe Garigiola on Today paved the way.

Edited by MediaZone4K
  • Sad 1

I wonder if he will co-host all three hours instead of the two that Bianca was doing? Always seemed odd that she did not do the third hour, but maybe it said something about how Rosanna or the brass felt about her (but if so, why would they have promoted her to that spot)?

1 hour ago, MorningNews said:

Very interesting choice for co-anchor. I’m pretty sure NFL Sunday films in LA so he’ll be doing the trek back to NYC weekly.

Curt is going to divide his time between NYC and LA during the NFL season. That said, I wouldn't be surprise if the bigger goal is to resurrect Good Day Live with Curt and Rosanna. Otherwise, this move doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

7 hours ago, MisterBill said:

I wonder if he will co-host all three hours instead of the two that Bianca was doing? Always seemed odd that she did not do the third hour, but maybe it said something about how Rosanna or the brass felt about her (but if so, why would they have promoted her to that spot)?

He will be doing the full 7-10 and apparently during the NFL season he’ll do Tuesday-Friday

• Like 3

Outside of Good Day New York, Fox 5 needs to change up it's other anchor lineups, besides what they're doing right now.

I would say take some talent from other stations but they tried that with Lori and Sukanya. Perhaps they could try mixing up their newscast formatting. WTTG and WOFL are good examples.

Edited by MediaZone4K

On 1/8/2024 at 7:50 AM, MediaZone4K said:

Outside of Good Day New York, Fox 5 needs to change up it's other anchor lineups, besides what they're doing right now.

I wonder if Ken Rosato’s return to tv was supposed to be for Good Day New York, since we still haven’t seen him pop up anywhere.

If so, FOX 5 missed a huge marketing opportunity to have Scotto & Rosato! 😂

Edited by Colortini
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/12/2024 at 9:29 PM, abc7 Man said:

Just saw a promo for a FOX Nation program about the migrant situation and it had Rosanna Scotto in it.

Rosanna is a contributor on FNC show Outnumbered right now.

• Concerned 1

9 hours ago, abc7 Man said:

Rosanna is a contributor on FNC show Outnumbered right now.

I'm not saying I necessarily disagree with some of the points Rosanna made. But, she (as usual) drifts into editorialization. Sanctuary "Trap" for example is a loaded title. "This is coming to a city near you, unfortunately" which she said, is also another iffy statement. That's fine for Fox News Channel, but very slippery for her already compromised 'neutral image' role on GDNY.

Edited by MediaZone4K
  • Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

Liv Johnson has joined as meteorologist/reporter combo, replacing Regan. She's doing weather tonight, I think she also did it last weekend one day but Audrey posted a picture of her in the studio so maybe she was there to help if needed.

WNYW has slightly updated their anchor set. Backdrop is now a full seamless screen similar to the rest of the NYC stations. Appears it was over the weekend or late last week.  

On 3/7/2024 at 5:03 AM, RealNews18 said:

WNYW has slightly updated their anchor set. Backdrop is now a full seamless screen similar to the rest of the NYC stations. Appears it was over the weekend or late last week.  

The grid monitors were nice, they give the effect of a window. 

• 1 month later...