Jump to content
×
×
  • Create New...

WNYW - FOX5 News


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, iron_lion said:

I've been noticing Rosanna anchoring GDNY solo. I'm surprised they wouldn't give her a fill in host for that 3 hour slot.

Since the pandemic it’s been happening a lot. Lori as well has been solo a few times.. I figured it was to limit exposure, kind of a long time to anchor solo 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She pulled off a rare feat in NY television: never got on the bad side of Suki. 

It's been 3 years.

Then you live in a delusional world. He’s on a channel that broadcasts conspiracy theories and baseless allegations. Have you seen his Twitter account? Some of his tweets are borderline controversial/

Posted Images

16 hours ago, MorningNews said:

Wonder Fox is studying a new format. GDLA has become heavily focused around Michaela P as well.

Hopefully not. Neither she nor Lori can carry that 3 hour broadcast solo. Can't belive it but the PIX 11 Morning News is beginning to grow on me with that team vibe they have now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
Posted (edited)

Lori Stokes leaving Good Day?  If RadarOnline, a gossip website, is to be believed, the answer is yes: https://radaronline.com/p/lori-stokes-good-day-new-york-no-longer-co-host-morning-show-rosanna-scotto/


With Dari Alexander out, it seems logical that Lori could slip into the 10pm slot, and maybe the 5pm, although maybe not since she already does 6pm. 

 

Edited by bc485
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, bc485 said:

Lori Stokes leaving Good Day?  If RadarOnline, a gossip website, is to be believed, the answer is yes: https://radaronline.com/p/lori-stokes-good-day-new-york-no-longer-co-host-morning-show-rosanna-scotto/


With Dari Alexander out, it seems logical that Lori could slip into the 10pm slot, and maybe the 5pm, although maybe not since she already does 6pm. 

 

Doesn’t surprise me. She’s been pulling double duty since Ernie Anastos left. Also I can see Lori & Steve anchoring all 3 evening shows.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lori would do good with Steve and honestly with her at night I could see sliding into 2nd behind WABC. As for GDNY they’d have to look outside I don’t think anyone currently at WNYW could fill the spot. Could turn interesting 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It’s official. Today is Lori’s last day. She will be joining the 5pm and 10pm news, in addition to retaining the 6pm, starting Monday.

Edited by bc485
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bc485 said:

It’s official. Today is Lori’s last day. She will be joining the 5pm and 10pm news, in addition to retaining the 6pm, starting Monday.

 

Good for Lori! Hopefully this turns thing around for the Fox station. I WABC did her a disservice not promoting her to evenings which I felt she's was naturally suited for. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Daybreak said:

 

Good for Lori! Hopefully this turns thing around for the Fox station. I WABC did her a disservice not promoting her to evenings which I felt she's was naturally suited for. 

Disagree with this. The morning spot at WABC is deeply coveted and would be the pinnacle of most broadcast careers. I would bet that the 11pm, 6pm and morning show are the most important broadcast. Who should they have displaced on those shows to make her the evening anchor?

Link to post
Share on other sites

So now to Lori’s replacement.. they say they’re looking for younger male talent.. I really hope they go outside the station.. I don’t see anyone at the station capable of filling the role.. maybe Robert Moses?? But I think that would get old fast. 
 

I said it before but This move could def move WNYW to 2nd behind WABC at 5 and 6. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MorningNews said:

Disagree with this. The morning spot at WABC is deeply coveted and would be the pinnacle of most broadcast careers. I would bet that the 11pm, 6pm and morning show are the most important broadcast. Who should they have displaced on those shows to make her the evening anchor?

You are correct that mornings are "deeply coveted and would be the pinnacle of most broadcast careers." But after roughly 17 years at waking up that early, it becomes taxing and draining. I didn't last 5 LOL! However, if there was an opportunity for her to have an evening shift, that would've been great. (I'm not saying really to displaced anyone but her at either 4 and 5 probably would have been nice. Also knowing people who know Lori personally, is one of the reasons why she left. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MorningNews said:

Disagree with this. The morning spot at WABC is deeply coveted and would be the pinnacle of most broadcast careers. I would bet that the 11pm, 6pm and morning show are the most important broadcast. Who should they have displaced on those shows to make her the evening anchor?

If Lori stayed at WABC for another 2 years she may have gotten the 5pm slot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I don’t think Fox 5 has anyone right now with a strong enough personality to anchor next to Rosanna at Good Day. They need to seek outside talent. I wasn’t a fan of the Dave Price/Rosanna Scotto reshuffling, but Dave Price might as well have stayed on the job if Greg Kelly was just going to leave in a few years. At the very least we got 2 to 3 more years of Greg and Rosanna after he came back.

 

I think the only way Lori would have fit into the evenings on WABC is taking over Diana Williams’ slot —after her retirement —otherwise the lineup was solid as it was.

 

I agree with the idea of Lori at 5 & 10, but I think they need another anchor duo for the 6:00 broadcast. IMO It gets repetitive seeing the same face over three different broadcasts. Steve needs to be replaced next. Currently I think WCBS & WABC has the best 5o’clock pairing, and WNBC & WABC have the best 6:00 pairings.

Edited by iron_lion
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, nynewslover said:

So now to Lori’s replacement.. they say they’re looking for younger male talent.. I really hope they go outside the station.. I don’t see anyone at the station capable of filling the role.. maybe Robert Moses?? But I think that would get old fast. 
 

I said it before but This move could def move WNYW to 2nd behind WABC at 5 and 6. 

I completely agree with you. With that said, we know WABC is # 1 at 5,6 and 11. Do you have a sense as to how the rest of the stations fare in those time slots? I would think WNBC would at least be competitive at 11. Day you know? Thank you!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Amra said:

FOX 5 gave Lori the send off from the Morning News that WABC did not give her. https://www.fox5ny.com/video/940319


 

WABC dumped the last six minutes of their morning show the day she signed off from EWN to announce she was leaving, air a package about her and have her back at the desk to say farewell live... and the network gave her a shout out about an hour later on Good Morning America. 
 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, wabceyewitness said:


 

WABC dumped the last six minutes of their morning show the day she signed off from EWN to announce she was leaving, air a package about her and have her back at the desk to say farewell live... and the network gave her a shout out about an hour later on Good Morning America. 
 

 

Thanks for this, I had to make sure sure I wasn’t crazy and misremembering her send-off. Although I don’t remember if her comments were live or pre-recorded, the farewell was pretty nice considering the circumstances.
 

I don’t understand when WABC became the bad guy in their split as many are suggesting here.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, wabceyewitness said:


 

WABC dumped the last six minutes of their morning show the day she signed off from EWN to announce she was leaving, air a package about her and have her back at the desk to say farewell live... and the network gave her a shout out about an hour later on Good Morning America. 
 

 

That was more than what they did for Bill Evans. Did they even mention that he left?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Liugrad2020 said:

That was more than what they did for Bill Evans. Did they even mention that he left?

If I recall correctly, once Evans bought WLNG Radio, he never appeared on camera at WABC again

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NYTV said:

If I recall correctly, once Evans bought WLNG Radio, he never appeared on camera at WABC again

He did not and perhaps he breached his contact with WABC depending on when he bought WLNH radio.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Knowing how Fox operates they normally look to promote from their other O&Os ; so it’ll be interesting to see if they pick a younger male talent from within the station group to replace Lori on GDNY. 

 

They really don’t have anyone in-house who can sit next to Rosanna. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MorningNews said:

I don’t understand when WABC became the bad guy in their split as many are suggesting here.

 

Lori was offered a contract renewal at WABC at a lower salary. That, and some unsettling conversations between her and the GM at the time, made her request and receive an early release from her contract.

 

 

31 minutes ago, Liugrad2020 said:

That was more than what they did for Bill Evans. Did they even mention that he left?


No. Jeff Smith briefly mentioned that Bill  was no longer with the station in response to a question on a Facebook Live. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NYPhillynews said:

Knowing how Fox operates they normally look to promote from their other O&Os ; so it’ll be interesting to see if they pick a younger male talent from within the station group to replace Lori on GDNY. 

 

They really don’t have anyone in-house who can sit next to Rosanna. 

Elex Michaelson at KTTV comes to mind (although his style is LA through and through) especially since KTTV isn’t particularly strong.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.