WNYW - FOX5 News

Smitha A

6 hours ago, iron_lion said:

I've been noticing Rosanna anchoring GDNY solo. I'm surprised they wouldn't give her a fill in host for that 3 hour slot.

Since the pandemic it’s been happening a lot. Lori as well has been solo a few times.. I figured it was to limit exposure, kind of a long time to anchor solo 

16 hours ago, MorningNews said:

Wonder Fox is studying a new format. GDLA has become heavily focused around Michaela P as well.

Hopefully not. Neither she nor Lori can carry that 3 hour broadcast solo. Can't belive it but the PIX 11 Morning News is beginning to grow on me with that team vibe they have now.

• 2 months later...

Lori Stokes leaving Good Day?  If RadarOnline, a gossip website, is to be believed, the answer is yes: https://radaronline.com/p/lori-stokes-good-day-new-york-no-longer-co-host-morning-show-rosanna-scotto/

With Dari Alexander out, it seems logical that Lori could slip into the 10pm slot, and maybe the 5pm, although maybe not since she already does 6pm. 

Edited by bc485

22 minutes ago, bc485 said:

Lori Stokes leaving Good Day?  If RadarOnline, a gossip website, is to be believed, the answer is yes: https://radaronline.com/p/lori-stokes-good-day-new-york-no-longer-co-host-morning-show-rosanna-scotto/

With Dari Alexander out, it seems logical that Lori could slip into the 10pm slot, and maybe the 5pm, although maybe not since she already does 6pm. 

Doesn’t surprise me. She’s been pulling double duty since Ernie Anastos left. Also I can see Lori & Steve anchoring all 3 evening shows.

Lori would do good with Steve and honestly with her at night I could see sliding into 2nd behind WABC. As for GDNY they’d have to look outside I don’t think anyone currently at WNYW could fill the spot. Could turn interesting 

2 hours ago, bc485 said:

It’s official. Today is Lori’s last day. She will be joining the 5pm and 10pm news, in addition to retaining the 6pm, starting Monday.

Good for Lori! Hopefully this turns thing around for the Fox station. I WABC did her a disservice not promoting her to evenings which I felt she's was naturally suited for. 

10 minutes ago, Daybreak said:

Good for Lori! Hopefully this turns thing around for the Fox station. I WABC did her a disservice not promoting her to evenings which I felt she's was naturally suited for. 

Disagree with this. The morning spot at WABC is deeply coveted and would be the pinnacle of most broadcast careers. I would bet that the 11pm, 6pm and morning show are the most important broadcast. Who should they have displaced on those shows to make her the evening anchor?

So now to Lori’s replacement.. they say they’re looking for younger male talent.. I really hope they go outside the station.. I don’t see anyone at the station capable of filling the role.. maybe Robert Moses?? But I think that would get old fast. 

I said it before but This move could def move WNYW to 2nd behind WABC at 5 and 6. 

19 minutes ago, MorningNews said:

Disagree with this. The morning spot at WABC is deeply coveted and would be the pinnacle of most broadcast careers. I would bet that the 11pm, 6pm and morning show are the most important broadcast. Who should they have displaced on those shows to make her the evening anchor?

You are correct that mornings are "deeply coveted and would be the pinnacle of most broadcast careers." But after roughly 17 years at waking up that early, it becomes taxing and draining. I didn't last 5 LOL! However, if there was an opportunity for her to have an evening shift, that would've been great. (I'm not saying really to displaced anyone but her at either 4 and 5 probably would have been nice. Also knowing people who know Lori personally, is one of the reasons why she left. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MorningNews said:

If Lori stayed at WABC for another 2 years she may have gotten the 5pm slot.

I don’t think Fox 5 has anyone right now with a strong enough personality to anchor next to Rosanna at Good Day. They need to seek outside talent. I wasn’t a fan of the Dave Price/Rosanna Scotto reshuffling, but Dave Price might as well have stayed on the job if Greg Kelly was just going to leave in a few years. At the very least we got 2 to 3 more years of Greg and Rosanna after he came back.

I think the only way Lori would have fit into the evenings on WABC is taking over Diana Williams’ slot —after her retirement —otherwise the lineup was solid as it was.

I agree with the idea of Lori at 5 & 10, but I think they need another anchor duo for the 6:00 broadcast. IMO It gets repetitive seeing the same face over three different broadcasts. Steve needs to be replaced next. Currently I think WCBS & WABC has the best 5o’clock pairing, and WNBC & WABC have the best 6:00 pairings.

Edited by iron_lion

6 hours ago, nynewslover said:

So now to Lori’s replacement.. they say they’re looking for younger male talent.. I really hope they go outside the station.. I don’t see anyone at the station capable of filling the role.. maybe Robert Moses?? But I think that would get old fast. 

I said it before but This move could def move WNYW to 2nd behind WABC at 5 and 6. 

I completely agree with you. With that said, we know WABC is # 1 at 5,6 and 11. Do you have a sense as to how the rest of the stations fare in those time slots? I would think WNBC would at least be competitive at 11. Day you know? Thank you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Amra said:

FOX 5 gave Lori the send off from the Morning News that WABC did not give her. https://www.fox5ny.com/video/940319

WABC dumped the last six minutes of their morning show the day she signed off from EWN to announce she was leaving, air a package about her and have her back at the desk to say farewell live... and the network gave her a shout out about an hour later on Good Morning America. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, wabceyewitness said:

WABC dumped the last six minutes of their morning show the day she signed off from EWN to announce she was leaving, air a package about her and have her back at the desk to say farewell live... and the network gave her a shout out about an hour later on Good Morning America. 

Thanks for this, I had to make sure sure I wasn’t crazy and misremembering her send-off. Although I don’t remember if her comments were live or pre-recorded, the farewell was pretty nice considering the circumstances.

I don’t understand when WABC became the bad guy in their split as many are suggesting here.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, wabceyewitness said:

That was more than what they did for Bill Evans. Did they even mention that he left?

11 minutes ago, Liugrad2020 said:

That was more than what they did for Bill Evans. Did they even mention that he left?

If I recall correctly, once Evans bought WLNG Radio, he never appeared on camera at WABC again

Knowing how Fox operates they normally look to promote from their other O&Os ; so it’ll be interesting to see if they pick a younger male talent from within the station group to replace Lori on GDNY. 

They really don’t have anyone in-house who can sit next to Rosanna. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MorningNews said:

I don’t understand when WABC became the bad guy in their split as many are suggesting here.

Lori was offered a contract renewal at WABC at a lower salary. That, and some unsettling conversations between her and the GM at the time, made her request and receive an early release from her contract.

31 minutes ago, Liugrad2020 said:

No. Jeff Smith briefly mentioned that Bill  was no longer with the station in response to a question on a Facebook Live. 

7 minutes ago, NYPhillynews said:

Knowing how Fox operates they normally look to promote from their other O&Os ; so it’ll be interesting to see if they pick a younger male talent from within the station group to replace Lori on GDNY. 

They really don’t have anyone in-house who can sit next to Rosanna. 

Elex Michaelson at KTTV comes to mind (although his style is LA through and through) especially since KTTV isn’t particularly strong.

• Like 1