WNYW - FOX5 News

Smitha A

has anyone seen the new "twitter ticker" during the 10?

I saw it during their Paramus mall shooting coverage. Unfortunately, none of the tweets they showed seemed to be of the informative kind... it was just people saying things like "I can't believe this happened at my mall!" and "Thoughts and prayers!" Seems to be a waste of space and a total distraction.

Yeah, WFLD has been doing the Twitter ticker for awhile now. Unfortunately, it has now all-but replaced the news ticker entirely, and it runs during all newscasts. Trust me when I tell you, you will quickly come to hate it.

Yeah, WFLD has been doing the Twitter ticker for awhile now. Unfortunately, it has now all-but replaced the news ticker entirely, and it runs during all newscasts. Trust me when I tell you, you will quickly come to hate it.

It isn't going to help any much. It surely isn't going to get them any ratings either. Just a wasteful use of graphics.

Who watches Fox 32 nowadays?

It isn't going to help any much. It surely isn't going to get them any ratings either. Just a wasteful use of graphics.

Who watches Fox 32 nowadays?

Precisely. If a Twitter graphic is used and no one watches it, does it really air?

• 2 weeks later...

Why doesn't WNYW have a live weekend morning newscast. I think the laid back Good Day format would be great for a weekend morning when people are home to watch. Also it would be good for a breaking news situation like the train derailment. It was pretty bad that they had no coverage ( even WPIX had some coverage while the story was still developing.)

• 4 weeks later...

Best thing to happen at Fox 5 This year, for all shows....

All we need is Rosanna, Greg, Mike and Ines in the morning! Hope this team is in place for many years to come!

All that needs to happen now is for Christina Park to replace Dari!

It is amazing how much better Ernie Anastos is when Dari is out. He has excellent chemistry with Sharon Crowley (as well as Christina Park) and he actually seems to be enjoying himself. With Dari he is just subdued and forced.

Yeah Sharon and Ernie were on at 5pm and make a good team. They also had Sharon and Kerry subbing this week at 5pm.

Audrey Puente is also doing good subbing for Nick.

Yes Audrey is doing great as usual.

I think Fox 5 is very smart, if they are doing what I think they are doing.

I think they have learned (probably from the Greg/Dave/Ernie disaster) that they need to prepare changes.

I see the two main preparations they are making being Christina (when not on maternity leave) and Audrey... I **think** (is the key word) that in the next few years we will be seeing much more of these two...

On another note, has anyone else noticed that since Antwan has been moved to weekends, he is barely on. I'm wondering how much longer he will be with WNYW considering how little he is one... Its also interesting wondering why he isn't the fill in for any of the male anchors.....

Steve Lacy Taresa Priolo and Mike Woods were the team at 5pm today.. I liked them a lot. They should really consider making changes

I agree. I think Teresa and Steve are great together. It was interesting that they put Teresa at 5 & 10…. I know Kerry Drew worked GDNY reporting and then I am pretty sure at least one of the nights I saw Sharon reporting… It makes me wonder why all of a sudden now Teresa is filling in at 5 & 10…. I think changes may be a coming…...

Especially think back a year….. Steve was "subbing" for a few nights on the 5 & 10 before DP was dropped and Greg was moved back….

IF they are making changed my suggestions….

1) KEEP Rosanna, Greg, Mike and Ines

2) More Christina Park and Teresa Priolo

3) Less Dari Alexander and Juliet Huddy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...