WNYW - FOX5 News

Smitha A

Christina Park in for Rosanna yesterday, now Dari in today.

Greg/Dari GDNY - most awful edition ever.

Yeah you're not kidding. I actually felt sorry for Greg. She's the only one who brings the show down like that. Usually Greg can make comments and whoever is there will laugh or respond. But not her. I just wish they wouldn't have those damn celebrity co-hosts during the 9:00 hour especially Bethanny.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

just watched the ending to the 10pm news and they closed with a wide shot from a studio cam mounted on the ceiling. I might be stretching it but is it possible this camera is in place for a time lapse video of a new set installation?

Idk but they used to have the coolest camera shots/angels then they stopped for a while.. It seems they're bringing them back somewhat.. The past 2 nights they did the closing shot from a camera very low to the ground it was pretty cool.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

just watched the ending to the 10pm news and they closed with a wide shot from a studio cam mounted on the ceiling. I might be stretching it but is it possible this camera is in place for a time lapse video of a new set installation?

Generally speaking, the cameras stations use for timelapse set install videos are cheap webcams. Not all the time, but I wouldn't think that a new camera angle is a sign of a new set. In fact, I'd say the opposite, because why bother to hang a camera if a few weeks down the road you won't be able to use it for a month while a new set goes in.

Teresa Priolo is now a full time reporter for Fox 5, not freelance anymore.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/on-the-move-91813_b104380

Random, but this leads me to ask the question, with having so many "staff members" who is freelance and who is full time.

I'd assume (at this point) based on this article Teresa 100% is a full timer, Audrey Puente (just an assumption) and Juliet Huddy are all probably full time and not freelance because they are regulars. Why don't they have bios on the website?

Then... Lidia Curanaj has been there for 3-4? years.... Is she full or freelance?

And Sharon Crowley is always filling in at the desk... but is she only freelance as well?

Did anyone see the news at 6:00 today? It was a diff format with Steve walking around the studio and very cool camera angles. I liked it a lot.. Not sure when they started this or if tonight was the first night but I hope they keep it up.. If anyone has screen shots please post