WNYW - FOX5 News

Smitha A

Did anyone watch Jimmy Kimmel Thursday night?

He shows Dari Alexander filling in for sports. Absolutely hilarious. She had no clue what she was reading while Greg Kelly just looked on.

She talked about pitchers "pitching 5-2-3 innings" and "no hit grounders" and just the dumbst things coming out of her mouth.

I can't find it on his website but if anyone has a copy, please post it. It's good for a real laugh, but rather than just make fun of her, how in the world

can the producers ALLOW her to do sports if it's obvious she doesn't even know what game is played with what? As annoying as Greg is, at least he knows some sports, I hope.

Truly another embarrassing moment for Fox.

Did anyone watch Jimmy Kimmel Thursday night?

He shows Dari Alexander filling in for sports. Absolutely hilarious. She had no clue what she was reading while Greg Kelly just looked on.

She talked about pitchers "pitching 5-2-3 innings" and "no hit grounders" and just the dumbst things coming out of her mouth.

I can't find it on his website but if anyone has a copy, please post it. It's good for a real laugh, but rather than just make fun of her, how in the world

can the producers ALLOW her to do sports if it's obvious she doesn't even know what game is played with what? As annoying as Greg is, at least he knows some sports, I hope.

Truly another embarrassing moment for Fox.

I saw the clip on Kimmel last night. I personally don't see the "allure" of Dari Alexander...She is not very attractive, and she doesn't seem like the brightest bulb in the pack. What happened in the clip may be proof of the latter.

Clearly someone screwed up by allowing Dari to do sports, but if Russ Salzberg was unavailable that evening, why did they not bring in Ryan Asselta or Duke Castiglione to cover for him? Do the people at FOX 5 even THINK anymore? (Obviously not; see the Dave Price thread.)

Yes, it's another (well-deserved) stain on FOX. Who knows, maybe FOX Television Stations will see the light and show Lew Leone and Dianne Doctor the door!

That's a new area of the set they are going to use for weather and reports,

abv1nnMp.jpg

Yeah I saw that this morning.. Then at the end of the 5:00 Dari and Ernie stood their to wrap up and toss to Greg instead of standing in the middle of the studio like they usually do.. It really doesn't match the rest of the studio.. I wish they would give the whole set atleast an update or something

• 4 weeks later...

From Jill Nicolini facebook:" Good am!! Starting today I am temporarily moving to the night show on FOX 5 5pm & 10pm...as some of you may or may not know Julie Chang left (she did entertainment @ nights) so I am filling in for now...see ya back in the am's soon, in the meantime I'll see you at night! :)"

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is it just me or has Ernie been out alot over the past few months? I know Rosanna had alot of vacation time over the summer and then in the last few months of 2012 and up until about early February was dealing with "family issues" but is everything ok with Ernie?

Is it just me or has Ernie been out alot over the past few months? I know Rosanna had alot of vacation time over the summer and then in the last few months of 2012 and up until about early February was dealing with "family issues" but is everything ok with Ernie?

Perhaps they are really trying this Ernie "phase-out", just doing it in the quietest way possible. I certainly hope not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

WNYW really needs to invest in backup talent. Steve Lacy did GDNY, 6pm, and 10pm today.

Just a couple weeks ago, Mike Woods did GDWU, GDNY, 5pm, 6pm, and 10pm plus 10pm on my9.

I've never seen another station stretch their anchors so much. Not always a bad thing, but look at the situation WCBS is in now.

WNYW really needs to invest in backup talent. Steve Lacy did GDNY, 6pm, and 10pm today.

Just a couple weeks ago, Mike Woods did GDWU, GDNY, 5pm, 6pm, and 10pm plus 10pm on my9.

I've never seen another station stretch their anchors so much. Not always a bad thing, but look at the situation WCBS is in now.

Yeah I agree.. Antwan Lewis filled in on Friday morning but I really like him much better as a reporter.. They need to find a replacement for the Good Day Wake Up spot.. Juliet Huddy is growing on me and if they find the right person it will work.. They also need a weekend weather cause right now they only have 2 weather people plus Audrey Purnte who is technically my9.. They always have the FOX5 weather person do the forecast on Thurs and Fri for ch9 since those are Audrey's days off. The weird thing is last week when Rosanna was off Christina Park filled in so idk why she couldn't fill in for Greg.

Yeah I agree.. Antwan Lewis filled in on Friday morning but I really like him much better as a reporter.. They need to find a replacement for the Good Day Wake Up spot.. Juliet Huddy is growing on me and if they find the right person it will work.. They also need a weekend weather cause right now they only have 2 weather people plus Audrey Purnte who is technically my9.. They always have the FOX5 weather person do the forecast on Thurs and Fri for ch9 since those are Audrey's days off. The weird thing is last week when Rosanna was off Christina Park filled in so idk why she couldn't fill in for Greg.

I could be very off when saying this, but I think having Christina on GDNY was a test.

By the way that the fill ins have been looking, Kerry Drew has been doing a lot more nights, where she was typically in the mornings.

Considering Juliet Huddy is not yet "official" - when I say that, 1) Her bio is not on the WNYW site 2) She hasnt been confirmed by any outlets to be the permanent anchor.... I could see them wanting to move Christina Park to the GDEC/GDWU - which she was on before, so it wouldn't be a huge stretch! And then moving Kerry Drew to anchor weekends and report during the week.

This is probably wishful thinking because I love Christina, but before Steve Lacy was moved to nights, they did experiment with him filling in a few times!, But I could see it happening, I dont think its a huge stretch.

Yeah Antwan needs to go back into the field...

I am a huge fan of Audrey Puente on WNYW. She's gotten a lot hotter from her WCBS days.