WNYW - FOX5 News

Smitha A

Heather is one of the rotating news anchors of FOX & Friends First airing 5am on FOX News Channel. The show started March 5th.

She is back on Good Day Wednesday.

Julie Chang was anchoring today as Tai Hernandez was subbing for Rosanna.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As of late March they were still just using a table in the middle of the studio. I believe it was early April they started on that new set. Maybe I didn't see you mention that here.

yeah..they have had the kitchen set for a while..they don't always use it for the segments..i think only if they are cooking hot foods...but its been there for a while its not new.

yeah..they have had the kitchen set for a while..they don't always use it for the segments..i think only if they are cooking hot foods...but its been there for a while its not new.

I wish they would use it for all the cooking segments. It's a nice space why not take advantage of it.

• 2 weeks later...

I this isn't about WNYW, but I have noticed a few modifications to WFLD's (Chicago) graphics in the last few days. However, these were only in promos and played off the glassy/shiny graphics exclusive to their 9 o'clock news. I must say though, the whole station group is a little overdue for a update.

I must say though, the whole station group is a little overdue for a update.

the logo Bugs on FOX 10 in Phoenix and FOX 11 in LA looks downgraded since it doesnt look Glossy Anymore and the speed of the FOX/HD spinning is a bit tad fast

• 2 weeks later...

Last night Dari Alexander was out sick.. Sharon Crowley did the 5:00 and Roasanna Scotto did the 10:00.. Any1 know why Sharon didn't stay for both.. I was surprised they brought in Rosanna instead of one of there reporters.. Being that she had to be back so early this morning.

• 1 month later...

Anyone know if there are computer problems this morning? Because for much of the morning FOX had no news ticker or FOX5 bug.. The bug is back but it's frozen with HD on the top.. PIX also took their news ticker down a little after 8:00.

• 2 weeks later...

Word is weekend meteorologist Shay Ryan accepted a job down in Tampa, effective immediately.

Looks like Nick and Mike are going to have some extra work until they find someone.

They also have Audrey Puente to fill in if someone is out.. I would like to see Chris Knowles formerly with PIX11 get the spot..

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone know if they're getting new graphics? Audrey Puente tweeted a photo saying "going over new weather graphics with Mike Woods" I wonder if they are updating all the graphics or just weather ones? Btw Audrey has been working 15 days straight being that Shay Ryan left and Nick Gregory has been out the past 2 weeks

Anyone know if they're getting new graphics? Audrey Puente tweeted a photo saying "going over new weather graphics with Mike Woods" I wonder if they are updating all the graphics or just weather ones? Btw Audrey has been working 15 days straight being that Shay Ryan left and Nick Gregory has been out the past 2 weeks

I've heard that Fox O&Os are set to get a graphics update, but that's not until later this year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They have updated their newsroom..What I assume it the control room is now in view..Not sure if it was a curtain up or if they knocked down a wall..I don't have any screen shots to post up..But I saw it for the first time last night..It wasn't a different camera angle or anything..I wonder why they did this..Is there any chance at all that they could be getting ready for a temporary set and they might use that as the back drop?

• 2 weeks later...

I really think they need a new set..I was looking at some pictures from a few years ago and their set really has aged bad..The front of the desk is really faded when you compare them..It probably won't happen soon but in my opinion it really needs to be done.