WNYW - FOX5 News

Smitha A

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone see Good Day New York this morning? It was ridiculous! They were doing a story about someones cel-phone going off during some orchestra performance..so Greg Kelly kept playing the ring tone off of his iPhone..Then sometime just after 8:30 they did the story again..Only this time when he played the ringtone Rosanna Scotto grabbed the phone out of his hand and threw it across the studio..Greg Kelly jumped up and they quickly went to break (the phone sounded like it hit the floor) But it didn't.. they came back a few mins later and Greg joked that the phone was phone was broken..but then said it only had a scratch..So Rosanna said "Are you kidding me!? You couldnt even tell with all the chicken wing jisim all over it!" Then they quickly went to traffic..Idk what they said to them but they must have been spoken to because they were both very calm and quiet during the 9:00 hour.

A simplified "FOX 5" logo is now being used on the corner of the screen during syndicated shows. Gone is the box format. They have been using it in promos for shows where "FOX 5" in on one line, don't know if this new look will transition to the news broadcasts.

A simplified "FOX 5" logo is now being used on the corner of the screen during syndicated shows. Gone is the box format. They have been using it in promos for shows where "FOX 5" in on one line, don't know if this new look will transition to the news broadcasts.

Yeah I saw that also.. I hope so it's alot nicer..

I think the set is overdue for a makeover. I'd replace the (rather faded) Fox 5 logo on the front of the desk with a LCD screen, the wooden paneling would be replaced with red paneling and the duratrans would be replaced with large LCD paneling, while the changing colors would be updated. The colors on the pillars would be widened and the colors on the desk would have more striping. For breaking news, it would be red. The colors would be green for sports and business. White would be used for specials and developing stories.

im just happy that they've updated the backdrops recently..the one they use from 4-7am is horrible..its the original morning one they used when they got that set..I have never seen the set in person but from what it seems FOX5 has a decent amount of room and can do a lot with it..and even though i like the "warmer" look with the wood and stuff are definitely due for an update.

I don't wanna start rumors but I think Mike Woods and Ines Rosales are dating.. They both just got back from being on vacation together.. This is the 2nd time.. And Rosanna kind of hinted at it yesterday.. It's kind of funny lol. They should make something out of it on the air.. Keep the viewers interested lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like Fox is following everyone else's footsteps and going for the young, pretty and inexperienced path. Lets realize you can also pick these people up for the nominal

AFTRA rate of about $300 per day. There's a wealth of people in that pool to fill the void left by the greatness being pushed out of the market.