WNYW - FOX5 News

Smitha A

On 3/12/2023 at 12:19 AM, IceManNYR said:

Does anyone know why the meteorologists at Fox5 need two remotes when doing the forecast?

image.thumb.png.a4a8ea3c5488ff2bebff1d2d49095f21.png

I think one is for control of the maps/visuals and the other one is to control the prompter. Looks awful. 

Edited by anchorman
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, anchorman said:

I think one is for control of the maps/visuals and the other one is to control the prompted. Looks awful. 

They used to do it all the time like this then it seemed to have stopped for a while 

• 4 weeks later...

Mike Woods has been out recovering from back surgery. Reagan had been doing GDNY, but they've brought in Cheryl Nelson (whose IG says that she's a freelance meteorologist) and the video she posted said that she'll be there for a few months, so I guess Mike is going to be out for a while longer.

Update -- corrected the name.

Edited by MisterBill
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, MisterBill said:

Mike Woods has been out recovering from back surgery. Reagan had been doing GDNY, but they've brought in Cheryl Wilson (whose IG says that she's a freelance meteorologist) and the video she posted said that she'll be there for a few months, so I guess Mike is going to be out for a while longer.

Cheryl Nelson

That said, out of personal curiosity, what are the weather assignments on FOX5, these days, under normal circumstances? Mike on GDNY, Nick at night (ha), but where does everyone else appear?

Edited by 24994J
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, 24994J said:

Cheryl Nelson

That said, out of personal curiosity, what are the weather assignments on FOX5, these days, under normal circumstances? Mike on GDNY, Nick at night (ha), but where does everyone else appear?

Audrey Puente on weekends and Reagan Medgie as needed, plus reporting on GDNY. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, brianpr3 said:

A tribute from Rosanna Scotto aired on the 10 o'clock news.  John last appeared in an interview in February 2023. He was 81.

• Sad 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/5/2023 at 1:00 AM, MisterBill said:

Mike Woods has been out recovering from back surgery. Reagan had been doing GDNY, but they've brought in Cheryl Nelson (whose IG says that she's a freelance meteorologist) and the video she posted said that she'll be there for a few months, so I guess Mike is going to be out for a while longer.

And today is Cheryl's last day at the station, per IG. So it was just temporary, although she's been filling in even after Mike returned.

Edited by MisterBill

Yikes, Natasha posted on IG that she and Steve are now anchoring at 6pm as well as 5 and 10. That means that Teresa Priolo got the boot from an anchor spot AGAIN. I thought that she was doing a great job at 6. She can't possibly be happy after they did it to her in the morning and now 6pm.

Update -- I see that Teresa reported a story from the studio on Monday's 6pm show.

Edited by MisterBill
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

It's 12:43am/ET. And I can't believe that Fox 5 is doing a live late newscast after the All-Star game.

They usually "pre-tape" a one half-hour show after the game when it goes past 11pm.

Are they doing this for sweeps?......

Edited by CircleSeven
  • Thought-Provoking 1

• 4 weeks later...

I like Rosanna Scotto, and I agree with her on congestion pricing, but her bias really comes through on some news stories. This interview made it obvious.

During the Lori era I noticed that Stokes always tried to keep it straight news woman whereas Rosanna inserted her personality and sometimes two cents into certain news matters. Her time with Greg was no exception.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Edited by MediaZone4K
  • Like 3

Yeah, Rosanna is especially vocal anytime a story about restaurant regulation comes up. It’s particularly egregious because her family owns Fresco by Scotto in midtown east. No idea why Fox 5 seemingly doesn’t have an issue with blatant bias.

• Like 3

On 8/8/2023 at 11:43 PM, MorningNews said:

Yeah, Rosanna is especially vocal anytime a story about restaurant regulation comes up. It’s particularly egregious because her family owns Fresco by Scotto in midtown east. No idea why Fox 5 seemingly doesn’t have an issue with blatant bias.

Bianca came off much more objective in that interview.

I remember years ago the outer boroughs complained about poor snow plowing which got neutral coverage. When the Upper East Side, the location of Fox 5's studio wasn't  plowed adequately however, Greg --and especially Rosanna -- were going in on the sanitation comisioner. Wish I could find the clip.

Again I like Rosanna. I respect that a morning news host has to tow the line between objective journalist and tv personality, but she has to watch when her biases slip out. 

Edited by MediaZone4K
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/8/2023 at 11:43 PM, MorningNews said:

i don’t think Rosanna is biased at all I think she’s a great journalist, she’s trying to speak off experience as she’s a restaurant owner herself, she’s trying to present it in a way a New Yorker would do if that was there restaurant that could be affected same thing applies to congestion pricing. 

51 minutes ago, RaleighTVBOI1 said:

i don’t think Rosanna is biased at all I think she’s a great journalist, she’s trying to speak off experience as she’s a restaurant owner herself, she’s trying to present it in a way a New Yorker would do if that was there restaurant that could be affected same thing applies to congestion pricing. 

I respectfully but entirely disagree with this. Rosanna’s commentary and interview segments are borderline egregious in terms of bias. Her job at Fox5 is to report the news. It’s not to be an advocate for the restaurant industry of which she has a very clear conflict of interest as a partner in her her family’s restaurant. Especially because she goes out the way to explain how certain actions by the city government might be harmful to her family’s business. It’s unbecoming of a news anchor to brazenly advocate against things that might impact their personal business endeavors.

Edited by MorningNews
  • Like 4

On 6/5/2023 at 11:47 PM, MisterBill said:

Yikes, Natasha posted on IG that she and Steve are now anchoring at 6pm as well as 5 and 10. That means that Teresa Priolo got the boot from an anchor spot AGAIN.

I'm not always a fan of when news departments reuse an anchor pair for every evening news cast (especially PIX 11 until recently).

Nothing against Steve personally, but he's not that strong of an anchor to be their lead man on 3 newscasts. But who does Fox 5 have in house, unless they were to bring in an anchor in from another station?

It sucks that they moved Antwan and Teresa off of the morning news for Sukanya and Jen who didn't last long. Now Teresa again at 6.

Why has the 4:30-7am anchor chair on WNYW been so unstable compared to the other stations?

Edited by MediaZone4K

• 1 month later...
On 9/29/2023 at 7:56 PM, bronxny said:

raegen medgie last day at fox 5 is next friday. she posted it to her instagram. they offered her a renewal of her contract but she decided its time to move on she was starting to grow on me i liked her energy 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CxyhiXWuu45/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Well, WCBS needs a meteorologist...

Separately, Michelle Ross moved from PIX11 to FOX5.

Edited by MisterBill

• 3 weeks later...

raegen medgie last day at fox 5 is next friday. she posted it to her instagram. they offered her a renewal of her contract but she decided its time to move on she was starting to grow on me i liked her energy 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CxyhiXWuu45/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Her LinkedIn shows that she is "open to work" and doesn't have any current plans.

I'm not sure where I'll be on the "other side of this commercial break"...but for the time being, I'll still be available on social media, consistently checking-in with all of my INCREDIBLE fan-friends!

She was giving me some Jodi Applegate energy. Surprised she never got a morning anchor position. 

• 2 months later...