WNYW - FOX5 News

Smitha A

12 hours ago, Paradox said:

No, not this past Monday. Mike Woods was in for the whole day. 

Maybe Monday, but not since then. And Ines is doing traffic from home, and she just posted this on IG. Maybe one or both tested positive but are asymptomatic, so they can continue to work from home.

Screenshot_20211223-161345_Instagram.thumb.jpg.76d0a9dcf6ececed8c6bff93a2447a0c.jpg

Edited by MisterBill

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, iron_lion said:

I see Regan Medgie was anchoring with Dan in the 6am hour, presumably since 4:30 am. Bianca is with Rosanna as of 7am.

Kayla Mamalack has anchored a few times as well last week.. from what I saw it was only for the 6:00 hour which is odd

2 minutes ago, nynewslover said:

Kayla Mamalack has anchored a few times as well last week.. from what I saw it was only for the 6:00 hour which is odd

Yes, Kayla did three days last week and was on this Monday as well. Having the co-anchor only for the 6-7 hour is consistent with what they've done in the past when they had a substitute anchor for the early show.

I do not understand what's going on with Bianca and the 6am hour. If she's not doing it anymore, why isn't she on the 9-10am hour instead?

4 hours ago, iron_lion said:

wnyw and wnbc and wpix seem to have very erratic anchor line ups, especially in the mornings. wcbs and wabc have been pretty consistent with their am and pm pairings.

WNBC morning anchors Darlene and Michael have been stable for many years.  They did change meteorologists a couple of years ago now,   Now we all are waiting for the permanent replacement of the traffic reporter.  People do take vacations, and many being long term employees, like Michael this week, take them.  It was mentioned he is off skiing.

6 hours ago, iron_lion said:

wnyw and wnbc and wpix seem to have very erratic anchor line ups, especially in the mornings. wcbs and wabc have been pretty consistent with their am and pm pairings.

We're also in the middle of a pandemic, which has affected staffing levels on top of people taking time off, such as Lori Stokes who recently returned following bereavement leave. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NYTV said:

We're also in the middle of a pandemic, which has affected staffing levels on top of people taking time off, such as Lori Stokes who recently returned following bereavement leave. 

Lori came back and then was gone for a week or so again. What was odd was that they replaced her with Teresa Priolo (which, like Kayla in the AM, is fine with me) and Teresa did the 6pm newscast instead of having a regular like Steve Lacey do it. Yesterday, when Steve was out, but Lori was back, she's anchoring 5pm solo with no sub (but maybe it was a last minute thing since he was back on Tuesday). Between that and the 6am hour, strange stuff going on at WNYW.

Edited by MisterBill
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JoseRM303 said:

It appears the morning lineup is this:

430-6 Dan solo

6-7 Dan & Reagan 

7-10 Bianca & Rosanna 

Dan is in for Rosanna this morning so is anchoring till 10am

Did you see an announcement, or is that based on who was there today? Because that's been different almost every day. Kayla did 6-7 on Monday and three days last week. And I have typically not seen Bianca doing 9-10 except maybe one segment she reported.

The only part I agree with is 4:30-6 is Dan solo.

3 hours ago, MisterBill said:

Did you see an announcement, or is that based on who was there today? Because that's been different almost every day. Kayla did 6-7 on Monday and three days last week. And I have typically not seen Bianca doing 9-10 except maybe one segment she reported.

The only part I agree with is 4:30-6 is Dan solo.

I wonder what the reasoning be behind adding a second anchor soely for 6 AM hour? 

I think Regan has a bubbly personality and would fair better in the 7-10am. Bianca has a calm demeanour and would anchor well with Dan in the more strictly news Good Day Wake Up. 

Edited by iron_lion

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, MorningNews said:

Random but we’ve still heard nothing at all about Dari Alexander’s abrupt exit. Her Instagram is full of cryptic comments that she is happier away from the desk.

Yes, but at least she posts occasionally.  I was just trying to figure out what Christina Park has been up to after walking away because of her concerns over an unsafe work environment due to construction. The only activity I've seen from her is two tweets last year when Kat Creag passed away (and I hadn't noticed those until today).

• 2 months later...

Does anyone here watch the Fox5 evening news? Their weather reports are odd. One report they show the meteorologist fully height with the weather map like the other stations do. But then one segment per hour they show the map double the height of the weather person, kind of like they do on Fox Weather.  I was going to ask Audrey but I'm not sure that she answers messages, but noticed they do it iwth Nick Gregory too, so many I'll try reaching out to him

2 hours ago, MisterBill said:

Does anyone here watch the Fox5 evening news? Their weather reports are odd. One report they show the meteorologist fully height with the weather map like the other stations do. But then one segment per hour they show the map double the height of the weather person, kind of like they do on Fox Weather.  I was going to ask Audrey but I'm not sure that she answers messages, but noticed they do it iwth Nick Gregory too, so many I'll try reaching out to him

Perhaps they may be trying a different presentation with the weather. How often had this happened?

20 minutes ago, NYTV said:

Perhaps they may be trying a different presentation with the weather. How often had this happened?

Every day, it seems. Normal image first in the 5:30-ish time, then the half size with huge map around 5:46. Check it out today. 

1 hour ago, IceManNYR said:

They added a new video wall which they use in addition to the green screen wall.

image.thumb.png.4dad73d9cb71a4bdd2dc9b8f630779d4.png

Wait…isn’t what you’re referring to this ⬇️. If so, this isn’t new.

50C081F8-9B34-4F34-8C08-BBDBF08FAF0A.thumb.jpeg.62eced370d4857435465ca4756b1163d.jpeg

• Like 1