WNYW - FOX5 News

Smitha A

5 hours ago, nynewslover said:

Bianca Peters is anchoring solo for good day wake up.. you would think with all the news this morning they would bring in a co-anchor for her.. I’m going to work but itll interesting to see if/who they bring in for the 7-9 show.

Everyone worked yesterday, and two people just left. I've noticed that even Jennifer Williams is doing news reporting in addition to sports.

plus Steve did the 10 pm that night too! Crazy schedule.

On 8/23/2021 at 7:33 AM, fox5fan said:

They brought Steve Lacy in. Interesting.

Also, seems like Nick and Mike (in Italy) are off. Audrey (and Reagan) have been holding it down.

seems like they have a staff shortage and it’s showing.

EAD34650-5604-472B-ACFB-53E37D464EB9.jpeg

Edited by iron_lion

• 4 weeks later...

Any bets on when there might be replacement anchors for Lori and Kerry? Any guesses on who? 

Lori has been night side for about 3 months and Kerry has been gone for a month.

Just seems like a lot on Bianca to be doing every day from 4:30-10. And obviously just being short staffed for all in general.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lori Stokes will be out for an extended period of time as she spends her last days with her mother. Thoughts go out to Lori and her family.

Mike Woods also announced this morning he will be out for 3 weeks due to back surgery.

We’re down to three anchors - one for each regular show, Bianca, Rosanna and Steve. Lots of OT going.

951FF031-D6D5-46BD-B842-2C3F3D1F91EA.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, MisterBill said:

Rosanna announced at the top of the 8am hour that Bianca is the permanent new 7-9 co-host. Not sure if she will be replaced on the early show or about 9-10 (or maybe she said 7-10 and I'm wrong).

I like Bianca but GDNY is still flat in the post-Greg era. IDK where the morning ratings stand but Pix 11 has a real opportunity here.

4 minutes ago, Devin said:

Wow I'm happy for Bianca, surprised about them moving Dan Bowens from weekends to Good Day Wake Up but good for him as well. Hope they get him a co anchor so he doesn't have to solo anchor 2.5 hours!

26 minutes ago, JustinH said:

Wow I'm happy for Bianca, surprised about them moving Dan Bowens from weekends to Good Day Wake Up but good for him as well. Hope they get him a co anchor so he doesn't have to solo anchor 2.5 hours!

Interesting that they're not having Bianca do the 9-10am hour.

They should have contacted Christina Park and begged her to come back, although I'm sure that will never happen.

On 10/28/2021 at 4:48 PM, Devin said:

I find this very confusing for the fact that Arthur Chi’en has been at WNYW for years since being up the block at WPIX. Never knew he was freelancing. Glad that he is getting his just due working weekends and full time staff reporter. I mean he's been doing it for quite sometime. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, nynewslover said:

I saw somewhere that Bianca is going to be in at 6:00am. Is she going to anchor an hour with Dan and then join Rosanna or is Rosanna going to start at 6 and have Dan do 4:30-6? Find it weird she’ll be with him for an hour… 

Update: according to Instagram comments it’s:

4:30-6 Dan solo

6-7 Bianca and Dan

7-9 Bianca and Rosanna 

9-10 Rosanna

7 hours ago, nynewslover said:

I saw somewhere that Bianca is going to be in at 6:00am. Is she going to anchor an hour with Dan and then join Rosanna or is Rosanna going to start at 6 and have Dan do 4:30-6? Find it weird she’ll be with him for an hour… 

That's consistent with how they were handling things when Bianca had a temporary co-anchor. Maybe that's when viewership is heavier and they feel that they need to have co-anchors.

• 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, MisterBill said:

Morgan McKay has joined Fox5 from Spectrum News in Albany. Apparently, Teresa Priolo also worked for them before joining Fox5.

Not exactly sure how her last name is pronounced, I heard her say it some unusual way earlier.

It's pronounced like McKai/McKye.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...