WNYW - FOX5 News

Smitha A

Fat chance but....Mike Jerrik from WTXF would be an awesome fit. If my memory serves me right, didn't he anchor with the always-bouncing-around-stations Jodi Applegate briefly  in the mid 00s? 

Speaking of Jodi, it would be cool to have her back on WNYW again, on GDNY Wake Up if possible.

56 minutes ago, Liugrad2020 said:

I just HOPE that Greg Kelly is not rehired for Good Day NY. I like Lori although I really don’t think they gave Rosanna and Dave Price enough time to develop chemistry.

I think that Greg has done enough at Newsmax to make himself toxic at any normal (call it mainstream if you insist) outlet. At least, I hope that is the case. And I really liked him on GDNY.

Edited by MisterBill
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, MisterBill said:

I think that Greg has done enough at Newsmax to make himself toxic at any normal (call it mainstream if you insist) outlet. At least, I hope that is the case. And I really liked him on GDNY.

I’d think so. I’ll be mad if he’s back on the show. He comes off as likable although I would think he’s burned his bridges.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, MisterBill said:

I don’t agree with you here.. Greg still has quite the following among viewers and even guests.. a lot of guests that used to appear on good day that no longer do now appear on Greg’s show.. you see a few people on Twitter that don’t agree or fire bsck or whatever on his page but that’s all SM.. if Greg were to come back (chances are low) i don’t see it hurting in any way  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, nynewslover said:

I don’t agree with you here.. Greg still has quite the following among viewers and even guests.. a lot of guests that used to appear on good day that no longer do now appear on Greg’s show.. you see a few people on Twitter that don’t agree or fire bsck or whatever on his page but that’s all SM.. if Greg were to come back (chances are low) i don’t see it hurting in any way  

I’d much rather Dave Price return than Greg Kelly although that’s probably not likely to happen.

Just now, Liugrad2020 said:

I’d much rather Dave Price return than Greg Kelly although that’s probably not likely to happen.

Sam Champion wouldn’t be the worst person to be a co-host.

5 hours ago, nynewslover said:

Then you live in a delusional world. He’s on a channel that broadcasts conspiracy theories and baseless allegations. Have you seen his Twitter account? Some of his tweets are borderline controversial/racist. I was never a fan of his and believed he only got the job because his dad was police commissioner. But despite his following while he was on GDNY, his image is now tainted. 

• Like 8

Why Greg whyyy? He leaves a high rated morning show on a number 1 market Fox O&O to pedal conspiracy theories on a low brow far right cable network that most of the country hasn’t even heard about?

It would be nice to have Greg back but his image is definitely tainted. As for Dave Price…it’s just that he was not Greg Kelly. Greg & Ro had an unmatched chemistry and made the simplest things on the show like a cheap Halloween or Super Bowl party, interesting.

Edited by iron_lion

4 hours ago, MorningNews said:

I mean it’s likely who he always was even during his GDNY days. People don’t just suddenly become racist morons, they just stop trying to hide their true feelings.

It was clear he and Rosanna were chummy with Trump, but I never imagined Kelly was this radical. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Liugrad2020 said:

Sam Champion wouldn’t be the worst person to be a co-host.

On a related topic, WABC is hiring Brittney Bell from NC. It's not yet clear if any of their current meteorologists are leaving (I certainly hope it's not Amy Freeze). If Sam were leaving, that would make sense.

North Carolina Meteorologist Moves to ABC Flagship Station | TVSpy (adweek.com)

On 6/15/2021 at 12:04 AM, MisterBill said:

On a related topic, WABC is hiring Brittney Bell from NC. It's not yet clear if any of their current meteorologists are leaving (I certainly hope it's not Amy Freeze). If Sam were leaving, that would make sense.

North Carolina Meteorologist Moves to ABC Flagship Station | TVSpy (adweek.com)

It would make sense. Perhaps Brittney is going  to do weekend morning weather and Amy is going to take Sams place doing the weekday morning weather if Sam is going to GDNY. It would make sense given Sam has subbed on Live and GMA. In fact he did audition to co-anchor for Eyewitness News during the weekends in the late 80s. I think he would make a good fit for GDNY and that he could work well with Rosanna. John Eliot is another possibility although I think Sam would be the better choice.

Just now, Liugrad2020 said:

It would make sense. Perhaps Brittney is going  to do weekend morning weather and Amy is going to take Sams place doing the weekday morning weather if Sam is going to GDNY. It would make sense given Sam has subbed on Live and GMA. In fact he did audition to co-anchor for Eyewitness News during the weekends in the late 80s. I think he would make a good fit for GDNY and that he could work well with Rosanna. John Eliot is another possibility although I think Sam would be the better choice.

Also it’s better hours for Sam. Even tho 7am is still very early it’s not as early as 4:30am is.

• Confused 1

• 2 months later...

Stacey Delikat posted on Instagram that last night was has last report on the 10pm news and tomorrow is her last day at the station. She says that she's moving onto new things, which presumably means real estate, since she got her real estate license during Covid and recently moved to a new firm that she says is #1 in the area. If you need a broker in the Greenwich, CT area, you can look her up.

Stacey Delikat | Houlihan Lawrence

Edited by MisterBill

12 hours ago, fox5fan said:

Today is also Kerry Drew’s last day at the station. Teresa Priolo Posted a farewell message on her Instagram story. 

Yes, that surprised me. Also, Stacey posted a picture of her, Kerry and Tom Blair, who is an ENG/cameraman, saying they are all leaving today. I wonder if there was some sort of buyout offer? But you'd think that would not apply to all areas, so likely just coincidence.

BTW Kerry's real name was actually Kerry Drew Ederer before she got married last year, and currently goes by Kerry Ederer Stiller according to her FB page.

Edited by MisterBill

8 minutes ago, nynewslover said:

So now they need to fill 2 anchor spots in the morning? Good Day Wake Up and Good Day NY? 
I could see maybe Robert Moses getting the spot with Bianca.. and a new male with Rosanna. 

Apparently. It seems like Bianca is really good with Rosanna.  Maybe they just need to find two new people (again) for the early show.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens.

Looks like Bianca will be holding things down this week since Rosanna’s father passed away.

I still miss the days of Antwan and Teresa. They are two people still with the station that could have avoided this rotating anchor chair. 
If they keep it female/female, I almost wouldn’t be surprised to see Teresa back when she returns from maternity leave