WNYW - FOX5 News

Smitha A

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, IceManNYR said:

Noticed as of last week Audrey has been doing the weather forecasts from home and today Mike Woods is doing weather from home.

Yes and I was wondering about that. Audrey has posted pictures of herself going out on IG, so it's not that they are quarantined (or at least not her).

• 5 weeks later...

Fox 5 has changed the branding of its evening newscasts. Instead of “Fox 5 News at [Time],” they are calling the newscasts “The [Time] O’Clock News.”  This is clearly an homage to the longstanding “The 10 O’Clock News” and somewhat follows the pattern of other newscasts with their own name, like “Good Day New York” and “The Noon.”

What do we think?  I don’t know if I like dropping the “Fox 5” part from the title. 

Edited by bc485

1 hour ago, bc485 said:

Fox 5 has changed the branding of its evening newscasts. Instead of “Fox 5 News at [Time],” they are calling the newscasts “The [Time] O’Clock News.”  This is clearly an homage to the longstanding “The 10 O’Clock News” and somewhat follows the pattern of other newscasts with their own name, like “Good Day New York” and “The Noon.”

What do we think?  I don’t know if I like dropping the “Fox 5” part from the title. 

Hopefully with the name change comes some content change and a newscast worth watching. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bc485 said:

It was just reflected on my YouTubeTV guide. Let's see if any changes could ever closely resemble to the gritty newscasts of yesteryear with certain elements intact.

• Like 3

There’s a commercial airing with clips from vintage 10pm newscasts, trying to show that the current Fox 5 is similar to the Fox 5 of years ago. Sadly, that’s not the case, and I doubt we’ll see any format changes. 

4 hours ago, justin2kx said:

It was just reflected on my YouTubeTV guide. Let's see if any changes could ever closely resemble to the gritty newscasts of yesteryear with certain elements intact.

Optimum too.  Says The 6 O'Clock News.  Still can't watch.

6 hours ago, bc485 said:

There’s a commercial airing with clips from vintage 10pm newscasts, trying to show that the current Fox 5 is similar to the Fox 5 of years ago. Sadly, that’s not the case, and I doubt we’ll see any format changes. 

I will say the 6:00 has definitely improved with Lori. I like the format with a few interviews thrown in.. I wish they’d bring back sports tho. The 5:00 and 10:00 need work. The anchors have no flow and they just don’t seem to “mesh” I would really like to see anchor change this year and if they go with a more hard news format they could easily beat 11 and maybe even 4? 

10 hours ago, bc485 said:

Just uploaded on my YT page same promo you're talking about. Neat ad. 

BTW here's the intro to the return of 'the 10 o' clock news' in 20 years. Disregard the title. There's no 'WNYW Plus' but I digress...

Edited by justin2kx

5 hours ago, Yankees4life said:

Big surprise to me that WNYW resurrected their O'Clock branding.

That is a rare occurrence in news. Going back to a previous branding? I remember KYW doing it and...that's about it

glad to see The 10 o’clock news branding back.  

another station that went back to previous branding is WLS. After 17 years as “ABC7 News”, they brought back “Eyewitness News”. 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, RealNews18 said:

Lori Stokes is really becoming the face of FOX5.. she anchored GDNY this morning.. filled in for Dari at 5 and then did her regular 6.. I really liked her at 5. Would like to see her anchor the evenings permanently. 

Maybe she can anchor at 6 and at 10.

• 2 weeks later...

If Lori were to move to evenings, they should get a solid male co-anchor for her at 6 and 10. A separate anchor duo could take over noon and 5.

As for Good Day New York, Rosanna Scotto needs a Greg Kelly/ Mike Jerrik/Karl Stefanovic type personality to balance her out and really make the show lively again.

Edited by iron_lion

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, MorningNews said:

Off topic from the mic but despite her speaking time only being about 10 seconds of that clip, Dari still managed to stumble over every other word. 🤦🏾‍♂️

I would love to see Lori Stokes take over the 10:00 slot. The 6:00 is her show and a pretty good format with her so keep her at 6 solo and 10 with Steve. 

• 2 weeks later...