WNYW - FOX5 News

Smitha A

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/8/2020 at 8:07 AM, iron_lion said:

I wonder amongst the vets: Dana Tyler, Chuck Scarborough, and Earnie Anastos, where the ratings stood between the 6PM newscasts.

Chuck beats them both. Despite Ernie's presence, FOX 5 is just awful in the ratings. Dana is close but Chuck is better and more legendary IMO than Dana but Ernie is right there too. Unfortunately for them, Bill (Ritter) has them all beat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/25/2020 at 3:07 AM, TheRolyPoly said:

Chuck beats them both. Despite Ernie's presence, FOX 5 is just awful in the ratings. Dana is close but Chuck is better and more legendary IMO than Dana but Ernie is right there too. Unfortunately for them, Bill (Ritter) has them all beat.

I can only imagine. GDNY was the best part of Fox 5, but since Greg Kelly left, the show is just regular now. The comedic dynamic of Greg and Rosanna made that broadcast. Anytime one of them was absent the energy was off. I don't believe I've seen Sukanya and Greg anchor together in Rosanna's absence before both of them left the station. I wonder how their energies would have played off of each other.

Edited by iron_lion

• 2 months later...

Have there been any rumblings of Lori Stokes either leaving GDNY or moving to the 6 PM news cast. To my knowledge, there has been no one put in the 6PM slot, Teresa Priolo and Chris Welch seem to fill in the most. But, I do find it weird that Lori has filled in two or three times. 

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 11:42 AM, fox5fan said:

Have there been any rumblings of Lori Stokes either leaving GDNY or moving to the 6 PM news cast. To my knowledge, there has been no one put in the 6PM slot, Teresa Priolo and Chris Welch seem to fill in the most. But, I do find it weird that Lori has filled in two or three times. 

The short answer is NO. She's been active on her twitter feeds.  If she were to leave there are NOT many options b/c Ken and Shirleen are #1 on the time slot and everyone thinks that she may go back to WABC. Only way I see Lori leaving WNYW and heading back to Lincoln Center is a very bad rift between Rosanna and her.

• 4 weeks later...

Lori does her best on GDNY.  IMO, she's better suited as a straight anchorman as she was on WABC, rather than a breakfast show personality like Greg and Rosanna. I wouldn't mind her at 6. If this is a thing, I hope she gets a co anchor, rather than going solo. 

What's the general feel about Steve and Dari? It feels like they just speed through whatever's on the teleprompter with no "presence" or "persona" added (for lack of better terms). I'm surprised Dari (and Steve) have lasted this long. 

Edited by iron_lion
  • Like 1

I was shocked when I saw this promo earlier! If this is permanent, she must have gotten a huge pay bump. I guess they really want to try and make a go of it in the ratings department by placing Lori on GDNY & the 6:00 PM show.

On 11/9/2020 at 7:04 PM, Newsboy22234 said:

I prefer Greg Kelly she’s ok

I think Greg has kind of gone off the deep end since he moved to Newsmax. I agree that I liked him with Rosanna. I don't bother watching anymore.

On 11/9/2020 at 6:35 PM, Yankees4life said:

I guess I haven't been up to date. Lovely lady and a good anchor. Too bad ABC let her go to FOX

They replaced her with Shirleen, who was probably much less expensive.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, iron_lion said:

None of Fox 5's news casts are all that these days. 'Street Soldiers' is the occasional draw in for me.

The early morning news with Bianca and Kerri isn't bad. I had sort of hoped that Teresa would get the 6pm slot, but that's obviously not happening.

Still miss Christina Park on the weekend newscasts. And I haven't seen her show up anywhere else. Maybe a contract issue since she left due to her concerns over construction going on in the newsroom.

On 11/9/2020 at 5:35 PM, Yankees4life said:

I guess I haven't been up to date. Lovely lady and a good anchor. Too bad ABC let her go to FOX

My thing it’s a morning news program on a local station if I wanted to be bored I would go watch CBS This Morning . She’s cold as a fish let loose a little bit. The only time she gets outside her comfort zone is when a guest she does not like comes on the program . I guess what I’m saying is she does not know how to have fun.

Edited by 24994J

Lori and Rosanna make a great combo and I believe ratings have actually gone up with Lori there... but ratings are also down for the network morning shows compared to a few years ago so that might be helping GDNY in the local ratings race.   Either way, “Good Day New York” has the rare distinction these days of being one of the few local news programs that households in the tri-state can identify by name and by anchors.  

Unless the evening slots are something Lori really wants, I would hate to see her lost in those time periods. FOX5’s evening newscasts are an after thought at this point. Even the once mighty 10pm news — appointment viewing each night when it was the “The Ten O’Clock News” with John Roland and Rosanna Scotto — is no longer a household brand. 

• Like 2

It’s fast paced I don’t have a problem with their 10pm newscast . I actually appreciate how they just read the news and don’t give opinion. Lori is a little too opinionated for my taste. Dari can be a little cold sometimes but I like Steve just fine. I do however think they should hire a actual sports anchor. Instead of having Steve and Dari read sports headlines

I wouldn’t mind Lori moving to evenings at all. She would definitely help ratings and improve the newscast. Good Day needs a male presence if you ask me.. obviously no chance of Greg coming back at this point but they need someone like that who balances it a bit. 

• Like 1