WNYW - FOX5 News

Smitha A

On 8/26/2019 at 7:56 PM, RealNews18 said:

I really hope they aren’t planning on making Good Day Wake Up a single anchor show.. all of last week they only had Kerry Drew or Ragen Medgie on (solo) and today it was Kerry again alone. 

I would doubt it. I think they are probably going solo because it’s summer, people are on vacation and they are short staffed. They definitely weren’t expecting two anchor vacancies let alone on the same show. 

8 minutes ago, TVNewsNYFan said:

My guide lists a new show debuting next Monday called “The Noon”

Is that one of those new daily variety shows or is that FOX5’s new Noon newscast they’ve been planning for years now?

On the TVPassport guide, it says "The Noon Show".

Not sure if its news or a local program. I didn't see any releases on the website or on their Facebook wall about it. 

The Noon Show or, wait for it..."FOX 5 News at Noon"? Both OnTvTonight and TV Guide has their listings reported as the latter title, suggesting the noon newscast returns, eventually coming into fruition.

https://www.ontvtonight.com/guide/listings/channel/69022188/wnyw-hdtv.html?dt=2019-09-09

https://www.tvguide.com/listings/?ServiceID=76164 (if it doesn't list nyc listings where you at, you can change)

1 hour ago, justin2kx said:

The Noon Show or, wait for it..."FOX 5 News at Noon"? Both OnTvTonight and TV Guide has their listings reported as the latter title, suggesting the noon newscast returns, eventually coming into fruition.

https://www.ontvtonight.com/guide/listings/channel/69022188/wnyw-hdtv.html?dt=2019-09-09

https://www.tvguide.com/listings/?ServiceID=76164 (if it doesn't list nyc listings where you at, you can change)

It’ll be interesting to see who anchors.. I would think probably Lori and Rosanna but then again you never know with FOX5. 

2 hours ago, RealNews18 said:

It’ll be interesting to see who anchors.. I would think probably Lori and Rosanna but then again you never know with FOX5. 

I highly doubt it would be both of them.  Perhaps Kerry Drew & Raegan Medgie or Antawn Lewis & Jessica Formoso.

However, I hope they scout for new talent for the noon newscast.  Reporters and anchors since as of late the NYC O&O FIRM has been a revolving door.

2 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

Congratulations to Zap2it + OnTVTonight for getting this right ( i would extend that to TVGuide to an extent, despite listed as 'FOX 5 News at Noon')

FOX 5 is finally doing something at the midday/noon space for the first time in a while for a change.

Seeing the Instagram stories from both Joe and Audrey, it appears to be a newscast. They may do some segments here and there that don't pass the smell test, I don't know, but that doesn't seem to be the main purpose. The open bills it as a newscast/news production.

https://instagram.com/stories/joetoohey/2129286281652379769?igshid=14vjv7qkn5zaz

They should add Joe to GD Wake Up to fill one of the vacated spots. I think it’d be nice to have Audrey do weather on GDWU and do feature reports on the main GDNY. Is Audrey holding on to weekend evenings? If so, how will she manage the 7 day schedule? Or could this be where Bill Evans lands?!

12 hours ago, TVNewsLover said:

They should add Joe to GD Wake Up to fill one of the vacated spots. I think it’d be nice to have Audrey do weather on GDWU and do feature reports on the main GDNY. Is Audrey holding on to weekend evenings? If so, how will she manage the 7 day schedule? Or could this be where Bill Evans lands?!

Let's stop with the Bill Evans conspiracy theories please!  Nothing against Bill who has done NYC Weather since '86 along with Sam Champion.

However, he's mostly focusing on his radio show out east- Sag Harbor to be exact. Fox is NOT going to offer Bill a big generous deal like Ernie Anastos way back in the day.. Those big deals are over.

As for the other 2 points: Audrey in the morning & Mid-day does sound like a good feel. Gives Mike Woods a break until the 7AM hour of GDNY. I'm not too solid on Joe as of yet to get one of the vacated positions. Right now to me Kerry Drew is a clear shoe-in for the GDWU. At this point it's about pairings.

4 hours ago, Spintech33 said:

Let's stop with the Bill Evans conspiracy theories please!  Nothing against Bill who has done NYC Weather since '86 along with Sam Champion.

However, he's mostly focusing on his radio show out east- Sag Harbor to be exact. Fox is NOT going to offer Bill a big generous deal like Ernie Anastos way back in the day.. Those big deals are over.

As for the other 2 points: Audrey in the morning & Mid-day does sound like a good feel. Gives Mike Woods a break until the 7AM hour of GDNY. I'm not too solid on Joe as of yet to get one of the vacated positions. Right now to me Kerry Drew is a clear shoe-in for the GDWU. At this point it's about pairings.

Bill Evans has stated numerous times on Facebook that he’ll be back on TV. Just a matter of time before he can announce where 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NowBergen said:

As expected that Kerry Drew is the new anchor at GDW.  Get ready for new Good Day Wake up bus ads in New York City coming soon.

Hopefully Bianca fits in well with GDWU. As expected WNYW had to go outside instead of keeping it in house.  Let's see what the future holds.