WNYW - FOX5 News

Smitha A

On 7/12/2019 at 1:45 PM, IceManNYR said:

Baruch Shemtov said on Sukanya Krishnan's IG story he's leaving Fox5 for the Harvard Business School to get his MBA and then is starting a business.

Huh, earlier this summer he and several other entertainment reporters were upped to serve as entertainment reporters for the affiliate base. 

Also at one point his wikipedia page read like a press release. 

Edited by rkolsen

17 hours ago, TVNewsNYFan said:

Ryan Kristafer will be replacing Baruch Shemtov on GDNY starting August 12th. 

https://pagesix.com/2019/07/17/ct-reporter-ryan-kristafer-heading-to-good-day-new-york/

From New Haven to Upper East Side Manhattan. Not a bad pickup at all. GDNY will be in good hands with this new acquisition.

Anchor comes from Connecticut News 8.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, RealNews18 said:

Today was Sukanya Krishna’s last day on Good Day Wake up.. tomorrow is Jenn Lahmers last day.. wonder who the new team will be.. maybe Robert Moses and Kerry Drew? 

Here’s Sukanya’s Facebook post announcing her departure. It sounds like this was her decision, although it’s odd to me that she’s not sticking around at least until tomorrow for Jennifer Lahmers’s last day.  

Edited by bc485

Very surprised to see Suki leave. I feel that her and Jenn really developed that show more than it has in years. 

She had developed a reputation for being difficult to work with, however I think her two years at Fox 5 have helped rehabilitate her image. She may have wanted yesterday to be her last day instead of today so as not to overshadow Jenn’s longer planned departure. 

1 hour ago, anchorman said:

Very surprised to see Suki leave. I feel that her and Jenn really developed that show more than it has in years. 

She had developed a reputation for being difficult to work with, however I think her two years at Fox 5 have helped rehabilitate her image. She may have wanted yesterday to be her last day instead of today so as not to overshadow Jenn’s longer planned departure. 

This departure came "out of the blue"?  Correct?

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 6:02 AM, TVNewsNYFan said:

Kerry Drew and Raegan Medgie hosted Good Day Wake Up this morning. 

Same for this morning.. 8/13.. Hopefully they could bring more people in the chair for the AM.

PS: Jen Lahmers bio is still up.. Meanwhile, Suki's bio is down.

9 hours ago, Spintech33 said:

Same for this morning.. 8/13.. Hopefully they could bring more people in the chair for the AM.

PS: Jen Lahmers bio is still up.. Meanwhile, Suki's bio is down.

Raegan tweeted she would be hosting all week so I expect it to be her and Kerry until next week 

3 hours ago, j.wer said:

What about pairing Greg Kelly with Teresa Priolo to succeed Suki and Jenn?

Unfortunately that most likely won’t happen.. the show seriously needs a male presence though. Robert Moses and either Kerry Drew or Regan Medgie would do well

6 hours ago, RealNews18 said:

Unfortunately that most likely won’t happen.. the show seriously needs a male presence though. Robert Moses and either Kerry Drew or Regan Medgie would do well

Answer on the bottom in regards to Raegan Medgie hosting GDW 4:30-7.

Looks like WNYW may need to look for a new morning anchor to possibly sit beside Kerry Drew.

14 hours ago, TVNewsNYFan said:

Raegan tweeted she would be hosting all week so I expect it to be her and Kerry until next week 

You are absolutely correct..

9 hours ago, j.wer said:

What about pairing Greg Kelly with Teresa Priolo to succeed Suki and Jenn?

Greg Kelly is NOT coming back.. Don't bet your bottom dollar on it...

Any new rumblings on what may happen with Good Day Wake Up?

Any chance of Teresa/Antwan reuniting?

Kerry Drew/Robert Moses???

Just wondering if any "insiders" have any scoop! It's been a couple weeks, so I fee like conversations may start happening. 

Just now, fox5fan said:

Just wondering if any "insiders" have any scoop! It's been a couple weeks, so I fee like conversations may start happening. 

Last week, Kerry Drew and Raegan Medgie anchored for the whole week. This week, Drew and Robert Moses anchored Monday, and Drew solo anchored Tuesday and this morning. Solo anchoring for a 2.5 hour newscast seems like a lot for one person to handle. 

3 hours ago, fox5fan said:

1) Neither Antwan/Teresa are coming back to mornings.

2) WNYW is actively looking for a new anchor(s) to do GDWUP

3) This search will take a while. It may go into months. So stay tuned.

2 hours ago, Spintech33 said:

1) Neither Antwan/Teresa are coming back to mornings.

2) WNYW is actively looking for a new anchor(s) to do GDWUP

3) This search will take a while. It may go into months. So stay tuned.

Don't be surprised if it goes a year before they finally get GDWUP replacements.