WNYW - FOX5 News

Smitha A

Alot of news going on today.. as of 5:02pm there is no newscast on Channel 5.. they are showing an episode of "Real Estate with Rosanna". Somethings up.

And... Street Soliders with Lisa Evers aired at 6

Verifying thru my YoutubeTV account, wow. No wonder TMZ Live finished basically on the dot at 5p. News usually start 2 mins before 5. Just waiting for the shoe to drop on what happened. For their sake, i hope it was evacuation from building due to condemnation, if any.

• Like 3

Alot of news going on today.. as of 5:02pm there is no newscast on Channel 5.. they are showing an episode of "Real Estate with Rosanna". Somethings up.

And... Street Soliders with Lisa Evers aired at 6

Dafuq? What’s on at 10? Gambling Tips with Greg?

• Like 1

Shepard Smith anchoring from FOX HQ tonight.. said computers "imploded" and thats why FOX5 is off the air. They are using FNC graphics and all.. with Fox 5 reporter live shots. I'm wondering if in reality it has to do with the construction issues

• Like 3

Shepard Smith anchoring from FOX HQ tonight.. said computers "imploded" and thats why FOX5 is off the air. They are using FNC graphics and all.. with Fox 5 reporter live shots. I'm wondering if in reality it has to do with the construction issues

I'm watching - it's actually refreshing compared to FOX5's regular 10pm broadcast and great to see Shepard Smith anchoring, though I wonder why the local anchors aren't able to anchor from FOX News HQ..?

• Like 2

Shep signed off after 30 minutes of, what he called, "a special edition of the FOX 5 News at Ten". He said if the engineers can get the computers working again at WNYW then Steve and Dari would be anchoring tomorrow night.... wonder if things will be back to normal for GDNY?

• Like 4

FOX treats WNYW like trash.

They treat KTTV better than WNYW.

And at somewhere in heaven, WHBQ must be calling heavens on earth for getting dumped by FOX for COX. WHBQ was trashed under FOX and treated like royalty under COX.

Amazing times we live in.

• Like 6

Damn the gfx looks good, can WNYW adapt that + make it their own, please? Their gfx now is tired at best. Hell is it possible shep can make 'special editions' of the 10p news down the road? looks so polish. And you're right NCFLMedia, WNYW is trash because FOX treats them as such. The building, the set, computer imploded (basically they're archaic, no?) dated graphics, the MUSIC. Add on others if you want. I recorded in its entirety thru youtubetv (the other half hour was FOX Fall Preview with Martin Mull) I'll see if i could rip it off as such.

• Like 3

Damn the gfx looks good, can WNYW adapt that + make it their own, please? Their gfx now is tired at best. Hell is it possible shep can make 'special editions' of the 10p news down the road? looks so polish. And you're right NCFLMedia, WNYW is trash because FOX treats them as such. The building, the set, computer imploded (basically they're archaic, no?) dated graphics, the MUSIC. Add on others if you want. I recorded in its entirety thru youtubetv (the other half hour was FOX Fall Preview with Martin Mull) I'll see if i could rip it off as such.

The FNC graphics are their own ball of wax, but I've *never* been a fan of the creative and brief of Fox O&O stations, with a few exceptions like the KSAZ satellite dish open set. It's tired on a meta level.

• Like 5

Who wants to bet by "Computers imploded" they mean "We decided that we didn't need a control surface for the switcher when we automated so there's no way to punch a show manually"?

Or know no knows how to use it because we fired all the TDS and experienced staff.

Edit: Also this breakdown must have been known well ahead of time in order for Shep to be in and the Fox crew to build the show. What I don’t understand is if they knew ahead of time why didn’t they have their anchors presenting from the Fox News studio?

• Like 1

Or know no knows how to use it because we fired all the TDS and experienced staff.

Edit: Also this breakdown must have been known well ahead of time in order for Shep to be in and the Fox crew to build the show. What I don’t understand is if they knew ahead of time why didn’t they have their anchors presenting from the Fox News studio?

If you actually read through yesterday’s posts in this thread instead of randomly chiming in, you’d know that there was no 5pm or 6pm news because of this problem. So yes, they did know of the breakdown ahead of the 10pm show.

If you actually read through yesterday’s posts in this thread instead of randomly chiming in, you’d know that there was no 5pm or 6pm news because of this problem. So yes, they did know of the breakdown ahead of the 10pm show.

You’re insufferable.

• Like 1

I wouldn’t mind seeing WNYW abandon the Fox Television Center and move in with FNC one day...

Ha — one of the first things Rosanna and Lori said this morning was that they wanted to stay at FNC HQ.

By the way, they’re broadcasting from a tiny temporary set with a large TV screen as the backdrop (with stationary GDNY/FOX 5 logo) in what looks like a lobby or small streetside production area of FNC headquarters. There’s some shots where you can see people waking by.

One other thing to note: the “computer meltdown” seems to stem from the internet, at least according to Lori,who said a massive internet outage at their East 67th Street studios caused them to temporarily relocate.

• Like 1

8:30am:

Introducing Anthony Scaramucci who is live in the temporary studio (to talk recent Trump news), Scaramucci says the East 67th St. studio is “from the King Kong era of New York” and at least this studio “is modern”. He cuts himself off, saying, “sorry, am I being too critical?” Lori’s response: “No, you’re telling the truth.”

• Like 3

9am:

GDNY signs off an hour early with the 9am hour replaced so far with a re-airing of the “Rosanna Scotto & Jennifer Lopez: What Happens In Vegas” special.

Presumably, the space they were using was only available until 9am and/or it didn’t make sense to attempt the third hour with the limited space they have.

I will say the temporary studio, despite its limitations, and localized FOX News graphics were a HUGE upgrade from a regular FOX5 broadcast. It’s a shame this is only temporary.

What studio at FNC were they using?

The building has three empty studios - Studio A which, until 2017, was home to The O'Reilly Factor and is used for Watters' World once a week; Studio J where Huckabee, Mike & Juliet, The Five, Outnumbered and studio audience shows were based out of, and Studio E where Happening Now, Cavuto, & Fox and Friends were based out of...

• Like 1

What studio at FNC were they using?

The building has three empty studios - Studio A which, until 2017, was home to The O'Reilly Factor and is used for Watters' World once a week; Studio J where Huckabee, Mike & Juliet, The Five, Outnumbered and studio audience shows were based out of, and Studio E where Happening Now, Cavuto, & Fox and Friends were based out of...

Unsure, but it was a ground floor, street side studio.

And, as of 5 p.m. today they are back at East 67th Street with their aging set, poor graphics, and awful lighting.