WNYW - FOX5 News

Smitha A

Now that we’ve had larger sample size, what’s the verdict with the Good Day changes? Personally I think they hit a homerun with Lori and that it is probably working out better than even they expected. And while I wasn’t a huge Suki fan, the pairing with her and Jenn Lahmers just works somehow, and it’s made Good Day Wake Up a lot more formidable than it ever has been.

Now that we’ve had larger sample size, what’s the verdict with the Good Day changes? Personally I think they hit a homerun with Lori and that it is probably working out better than even they expected. And while I wasn’t a huge Suki fan, the pairing with her and Jenn Lahmers just works somehow, and it’s made Good Day Wake Up a lot more formidable than it ever has been.

I have to agree. However I do miss Greg Kelly. One thing I wish they'd stop doing is that "panel" with all of them at 9am on Fridays. I like that they bring them all together but it feels too much like the view.

• Like 5

Tina Cervasio tapped as WNYW’s sports anchor and host of “Sports Xtra,” replacing the departed Duke Castiglione who held both roles.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsday.com/amp/sports/media/tina-cervasio-fox-5-1.16682410

Hopefully they use her for the evening newscasts. I don't understand why they have a sports anchor on good day but not at night

Hopefully they use her for the evening newscasts. I don't understand why they have a sports anchor on good day but not at night

Tonight on:

250px-Unsolved_mysteries_logo.png

A station which has a sports anchor who works Sunday evenings and weekday mornings, a separate reporter (Erika Wachter) on Saturdays, and no one for weeknights.

• Like 3

I have to agree. However I do miss Greg Kelly. One thing I wish they'd stop doing is that "panel" with all of them at 9am on Fridays. I like that they bring them all together but it feels too much like the view.

WFLD does their own version of FNC' 'Outnumbered' during their 9A hour, so it's not uncommon to see this type of stuff.

Tonight on:

250px-Unsolved_mysteries_logo.png

A station which has a sports anchor who works Sunday evenings and weekday mornings, a separate reporter (Erika Wachter) on Saturdays, and no one for weeknights.

Should hire laura if she is interested and not benched by a non compete

• Like 1

For a while there a few yrs ago it seemed like FOX5 was ready to compete. Now they've got nothing on but fluff and human interest stories. I'm sorry but I don't care about Lisa Evers and her show on hot 97. I don't care about their podcasts. I want the news. Atleast Good Day is worth watching still. Miss Greg but Rosanna and Lori are great.. Suki and Jen are good too. Just did the evenings and get a new set damn it. By the way Harry got canceled so may be if nothing new comes out they can put Ernies show on during the early afternoon or late morning and go back to the regular format at 6.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Having made it past 2 sweeps periods, or in general... I am curious does anyone know how Good Day’s ratings are doing?

I really did not think that Lori and Rosanna would work... but I have actually grown to love them.

On the other hand, I cannot stand Good Day Wake Up anymore. Teresa and Antwan brought some class to the show. I feel like Jenn, Suki, and Baruch make it like the mean girls clique in high school. Just not a fan.

I’m really curious in the ratings!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m sure it will be a solo anchor like they used to have when they did a show in the 11am hour. If they are using someone from the morning show I bet it’s Jen Lahmers. I wonder if they will use Mike Woods or Samantha Augeri (or some combination) as the meteorologist.

EDIT: they could also move Ernie’s “show” to noon and replace it at 6 with hard news.

• Like 1

I’m sure it will be a solo anchor like they used to have when they did a show in the 11am hour. If they are using someone from the morning show I bet it’s Jen Lahmers. I wonder if they will use Mike Woods or Samantha Augeri (or some combination) as the meteorologist.

EDIT: they could also move Ernie’s “show” to noon and replace it at 6 with hard news.

Moving Ernie's show would be a great idea.. I wouldnt want to see Jenn Lahmers go solo.. maybe with Suki like in the morning?

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...