WNYW - FOX5 News

Smitha A

This morning on Good Day Greg and Rosanna joked about how outdated the set was.. They were tossing to weather and Rosanna says well just look out the window behind us.. Greg looks and goes we really need a new one of these things.. it's missing a whole building. Though it was funny even they pointed it out

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
Question.. about how many sets have the other NY stations been through while WNYW is on the same one with barley a refresh?

The set has Patina and a colorful history...

It's like a fine wine...it gets better with age??? No?

It's probably a hazmat issue because that set sits on top of the old set, which was a toxic waste (non- permitted mob operated) dump site years ago.

Question.. about how many sets have the other NY stations been through while WNYW is on the same one with barley a refresh?

It honestly makes me wonder. It seems that they do well in the AM and at 10pm; I would question why they have no desire to put their money and resources into a new set. We've said it for years it needs an update desperately!!

• Like 3

It honestly makes me wonder. It seems that they do well in the AM and at 10pm; I would question why they have no desire to put their money and resources into a new set. We've said it for years it needs an update desperately!!

WJBK and KTVU used to have this problem.

A lot, in most cases. Including the sets that everyone had when WNYW's current one made its debut, I make it...

WABC: 2

WCBS: 3 (shortly to become 4)

WNBC: 4

WPIX: 5 (including the short-lived virtual one)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wrong, just wrong.... They make a big deal about promoting from within, when they hired Antwan and Teresa full time. Then not a year later dump them with no notice and no chance for them to say anything.

Would be nice to have some mention of Teresa and Antwan, Fox 5. I loved them together and separately. Would love to know how Jen became such a prodigal daughter over there (she really has been from the minute she started)

Team Antwan and Teresa here..... Really hope the best for them, they were great replacing the big shoes of Juliet and Ben. Wayyyy too many changes.

• Like 2

1st things first IF Good Day was to go national it would be with Rosanna and Greg.. That's what's made the show successful. 2nd I like Suki honestly and she has quite the following, however I do not think Jennifer Lahmers should be a co-anchor Suki would be better off with Antwan or Teresa.. or if they wanted a new team Kerry Drew should've been paired with Sukanya.

Not sure how Suki will vibe in the long term. I could see her angling for a bigger spot in due time. She's not one to play second fiddle.

So far we know:

Suki and Jenn will be in studio 4:30-7 and reporting for GDNY after that (will be weird to see Suki report from in the field.)

Teresa has been re-assigned to evening reporter. Nothing yet on Antwan but I'd assume either the same or maybe returning to anchoring weekend evenings.

Anybody think that Greg and Rosanna get out of their contracts and possibly end up on WPIX, or maybe WLNY takes a big chance and relaunches their failed morning show?

I was thinking they get a syndicated show on the O&Os or maybe... just maybe go to network with a new morning show or something.

By the way WOW

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2017/8/22/they-found-out-from-ftvlive

They'd be insane to mess with GDNY 7-10am. Which means the probably will. I just don't see Lori and Rosanna having any chemistry.

What they should do is boot Dari (she seems nice, but long overdue) and have Lori anchor 5 and 10 with Steve. I bet they'd see a pretty decent jump in the 5pm (and subsequently 6pm) ratings.

They'd be insane to mess with GDNY 7-10am. Which means the probably will. I just don't see Lori and Rosanna having any chemistry.

What they should do is boot Dari (she seems nice, but long overdue) and have Lori anchor 5 and 10 with Steve. I bet they'd see a pretty decent jump in the 5pm (and subsequently 6pm) ratings.

Couldn't agree more. I've said that from the beginning. Also put regular news back on at 6 with Ernie.. maybe even Dari.. and dump that format they have at 6. GDNY ratings are great. Evening is where they need help and a big name like Lori would definetly help them.

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more. I've said that from the beginning. Also put regular news back on at 6 with Ernie.. maybe even Dari.. and dump that format they have at 6. GDNY ratings are great. Evening is where they need help and a big name like Lori would definetly help them.

Ernie is destroying his legacy with that joke of a show at 6pm. It's ridiculous and awkward. The desk almost makes Ernie seem aloof. Nobody is watching that. I think Ernie is probably out sooner rather than later, and maybe the station is (wrongly) convinced that Greg will be better in the evening this time around... but really Lori would give them such a boost in the evenings.

• Like 2

Ernie is destroying his legacy with that joke of a show at 6pm. It's ridiculous and awkward. The desk almost makes Ernie seem aloof. Nobody is watching that. I think Ernie is probably out sooner rather than later, and maybe the station is (wrongly) convinced that Greg will be better in the evening this time around... but really Lori would give them such a boost in the evenings.

If Lori is going to do Good Day it would make more sense to pair her with Greg and have Rosanna do the evening with Steve at 5 and 10. Greg is great in morning not so much in the evening. I really don't see Lori leaving WABC for FOX5 unless it was for the evening spot.. one thing she did mention when leaving was she was going to miss saying "Good Morning" maybe that means something.. maybe I'm reading too much into it. But we will see.

Not sure how Suki will vibe in the long term. I could see her angling for a bigger spot in due time. She's not one to play second fiddle.

So far we know:

Suki and Jenn will be in studio 4:30-7 and reporting for GDNY after that (will be weird to see Suki report from in the field.)

Teresa has been re-assigned to evening reporter. Nothing yet on Antwan but I'd assume either the same or maybe returning to anchoring weekend evenings.

Antwan is a solid anchor, arguably one of the better folks they have. Could've been an interesting pairing with him and Suki on the Wake Up show. He's also reportedly a great guy and easy to work with, unlike Priolo.

Lahmers is a mess but she's reportedly connected way up at 1211 so we'll see what happens there.

Not for nothing here but Suki is actually the better of the two this time. If she were paired with Kerry Drew or even Antwan or Teresa the show would be much better. Just look at how Suki and everyone else interacts and Jenn just awkwardly sits there. Jenn won't last and frankly it won't be Sukis fault.

Like I had previously posted though saddened to see Antwan and Teresa go, Suki makes sense but the second choice........??

I'm surprised no one mentioned that Suki did not fill in for Roseanne today....

Like I had previously posted though saddened to see Antwan and Teresa go, Suki makes sense but the second choice........??

I'm surprised no one mentioned that Suki did not fill in for Roseanne today....

I did notice that.. however they mentioned Rosanna had a few days off so it was likely Kerry Drew was already scheduled to fill in.

Perhaps good day will be a three person show or perhaps Lori will only anchor at 9 with either Sumi, Rosanna or Greg. We shall see what happens.QUOTE="nynewslover, post: 187601, member: 1506"]If Lori is going to do Good Day it would make more sense to pair her with Greg and have Rosanna do the evening with Steve at 5 and 10. Greg is great in morning not so much in the evening. I really don't see Lori leaving WABC for FOX5 unless it was for the evening spot.. one thing she did mention when leaving was she was going to miss saying "Good Morning" maybe that means something.. maybe I'm reading too much into it. But we will see.

If Lori is going to do Good Day it would make more sense to pair her with Greg and have Rosanna do the evening with Steve at 5 and 10. Greg is great in morning not so much in the evening. I really don't see Lori leaving WABC for FOX5 unless it was for the evening spot.. one thing she did mention when leaving was she was going to miss saying "Good Morning" maybe that means something.. maybe I'm reading too much into it. But we will see.