WNYW - FOX5 News

Smitha A

The Fox 5 newsroom is being renovated, according to a tweet from Teresa Priolo this morning: [MEDIA=twitter]635066407437340672[/MEDIA]

[ATTACH]1582.IPB[/ATTACH]

As you can see in the photo, the logo is the same one that appears on the new FOX5NY.com website (which is a combination of the older logo with the larger 5 that is still used in some graphics and in the studio, and the newer, simpler Fox 5 logo that appears as the bug during newscasts). I wonder if a new studio and/or graphics are close behind? The current look is a few years old now, and the studio is very dated, with very few updates since its debut in maybe 2006/2007.

maybe now that WTVT Fox 13 has a new set WNYW is NEXT I Hope!!!!!!!! and i hope it looks like orlando's somewhat!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
suggestion do you think an 11pm newscast on fox 5 would work I think so AS long as it is HARD NEWS not the 10pm chatter...... and has a different host??? ben simmeneu?? thoughts

I don't think so, I think any window for Fox 5 to try a newscast at 11 has passed long ago.

You know you mention Ben Simmoneau and I've always thought he was an odd fit on the early show with Huddy personality-wise. Lacy was really good, I thought, with Huddy on the Wake Up show. I could see Simmoneau maybe trying the 6 (that Ernie show is just bizarre and the ratings show it). They would never do this but I think Good Day with Lacy and Huddy would be much better than it is now. I can't stand Kelly.

I don't think so, I think any window for Fox 5 to try a newscast at 11 has passed long ago.

You know you mention Ben Simmoneau and I've always thought he was an odd fit on the early show with Huddy personality-wise. Lacy was really good, I thought, with Huddy on the Wake Up show. I could see Simmoneau maybe trying the 6 (that Ernie show is just bizarre and the ratings show it). They would never do this but I think Good Day with Lacy and Huddy would be much better than it is now. I can't stand Kelly.

I agree that Fox 5 probably will not bother with an 11:00 p.m. newscast at this point. In my opinion, a weekend version of Good Day NY is more likely to happen. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, but have you watched Good Day Early Call/Wake Up lately? I think Juliet and Ben are awesome together, but Ben has also done a nice job filling in for Steve Lacy this week (although the content of the 10:00 p.m. newscast leaves a lot to be desired; I'm really surprised they stuck with their "After Empire" show at 10:30 last night, in light of a relatively busy news night). I also think Huddy is awesome, but she never even fills in on the main GDNY show, which is a shame, because she's MUCH better suited for that show than the other fill ins they use (Drew and Priolo).

Additionally, who knows what the actual arrangement with Huddy is. She has been filling in on Fox and Friends Weekend more often lately, so I would imagine she's still under contract with Fox News and that her time at Fox 5 could come to an end at any time if Fox News wants her back. I truly hope that does not happen, since she adds a lot to the show (it's obvious that she is responsible for a lot of the fun because it tends to be much duller when she's off).

I'm all for lighter news and all.. But at 10 i want to hear the news of the day not an Empire recap.. The 10 sucks no matter who anchors.. Ben will definetly be moved to evenings at some point I feel.. Good Day won't change the line up.. Rosanna and Greg are awesome and so are the ratings.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just throwing another two thoughts out there....

1) Maybe she wants a "night" job, she and Lacy probably barely see each other working their current schedules

2) Maybe Fox 5 has a policy against relatives/spouses working in the same News Division